- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Download Area Page Anomaly
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I created a download page through the Hikashop menu CUSTOMER_DOWNLOADLIST to allow customer to perform download. In that page. The download function works okay; however many other links like "back"," "sort by.." fields all lead me to an unexpected Customer Account Page with URL http://[mysite.com]/[customer-downlaod]/user/downloads. With the name downloads but the page is in fact not for download. See attached customer-account-page screenshot.
To be specific, in the Download Page shown in the attached screenshot, the following mysterious scenario happens -
Scene 1: if I click the green "Back" icon, it should have brought me back to some previous page, I suppose, but it mysteriously bring me to a Customer Account Page, with URL http://[mysite.com]/[customer-downlaod]/user/downloads
Scene 2: if I click, for example, "First Purchased at", it should have just sorted the list, but instead it mysteriously bring me to the this unexpected Customer Account Page with URL http://[mysite.com]/[customer-downlaod]/user/downloads
Why does the Customer Account Page always crop up as the default downloads page most subsequent click on the real download page? Where does the ..../user/downloads Hikashop generated URL come from? Even though it says user/downloads, its in fact NOT a dowload page but a Customer Account Page that is attached here. Apparently it's a user control panel page.
Please help explain. It looks like a bug to me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I just tested it, and t's working fine for me.
1. Can you also test the "back" button with the Orders menu through your User control panel (2nd screenshot).
2. Are you using any SEF module ? if yes can you disable it and try it again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
In the 1st screen, the green "Back" should not anyhow go to the CUSTOMER ACCOUNT page, right?
In the 2nd screen, you asked me to test the "Back" button, right? Sorry, there is no "back" button in the 2nd screen.
Can you carefully read my original question? I don't think you understand.
And by the way, can you point me to the documentation to teach me how to use menu and module to set up downloadable product?
Please once again read my question and see if you can understand and help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
My bad, I wasn't clear so you didn't understood my questions :Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hi,
I just tested it, and t's working fine for me.
1. Can you also test the "back" button with the Orders menu through your User control panel (2nd screenshot).
2. Are you using any SEF module ? if yes can you disable it and try it again ?
1. I told you to test the "back" button through the Orders menu of your User control panel screen :
That way we'll be able to see if it's only happening through your "download space" or not.
2. Did you tested it without any SEF module ?
3. There isn't any tutorial about this for the moment because if you want to enable your customer download space, you"ll just have to do it through the "Enable customer download area" option of your "Hikashop->System->Configuration->'Main'" page.
The download space will allow your customer to see all their available download files and download them until they reach the download limit.
This download space will be available through the "User control panel".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
In beginning CUSTOMER ACCOUNT page is very nice with icons that look like this one. I like this very much
After I click Order, it turns to the following
Then I click the "back" link, (which should have been a green button but missing????) The page bring me back to a rather
different UGLY CUSTOMER ACCOUNT page with all the icon missing like the following
Can you explain why the CUSTOMER ACCOUNT page icon is present but absent after return? So as the green "back" button. Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't ????
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Are you saying that I need to disable even the native Joomla SEO and/or to disable the HikaShop SEF options?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
To continue my own investigation on this issue, I can see the problem. The "back" button of the Order screen will bring me to a different URL than the URL of the 1st screen. The "back" button to append the /usr/cpanel to the original URL and thus a panel without the icon.
To resolve this "back" button not really going "back", the only solution I have figured out is turn off the Joomla native SEO rewrite settings.
However this work around is really ugle, it makes my whole site go with long URL and URL search unfriendly!!!
Any solution to the SEF that you can propose?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's working fine on our end. In the Joomla settings is the good name of your website which is used for the option "site name" ?
without subfolder, or something else ?
Can you try to edit the view "order / listing" via the menu Display > Views and replace the code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Just to clarify the meaning in my last notes about "back" not really going "back"
Please refer to my 3-screenshot notes
First screen URL: mysite.com/myshop-menu <---- I love this screen one with all the icons :)
Click the Orders box of first screen will get me to Second screen
Second screen URL : mysite.com/myshop-menu/order <-- This is still okay iwith list of orders, until I click the "back" at the top right of this; then the anamoly comes because "back" bring me to some other URL, not the "previous/back" one. See the Third screen.
Third screen URL : mysite.com/myshop-menu/user <--- [PROBLEM HERE] An extra "user/cpanel" term is appended; the look of the 3rd screen is also slightly different from the Screen One as shown. Can you see the difference? The "back" of the second screen should bring me back to the first screen URL, but instead it brings me to a "look-alike" with a slightly different URL and slightly different look.
I can send you the test account in private, so you can check this out yourself!
I have not made the change you mentioned, but I may try when I get some time even though I doubt if it fixes the issue.
As I say, once I turned off ALL Joomla native SEO options, all are okay. In a total non-SEO setting, "Back" would bring me to the original first screen (of course with long unfriendly URL). It looks like Hikashop is really SEO URL unfriendly and it doesn't even work with the native Joomla SEO part.
More ideas for help please!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
"It's working fine on our end. In the Joomla settings is the good name of your website which is used for the option "site name" ?
without subfolder, or something else ?"
To stress the point, you need to use my site to test to witness the problem, and if you can help I can send to the credentials and URL.
I am also not sure what you meant by "subfolder" Let me try: I created a submenu Joomla menu item type with Hikashop->"user control panel" type, so the Hikashop user control panel is meant to be accessed directly under my intended URL mysite.com/myshop .
so myshop is the menu, but I won't call it subfolder.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Therefore, there is no point to ask me just to change the "order" list. I would have to change the code for all the options (ie. Address, Orders, Cart, Download) to make sense.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I understood your problem. By "It's working fine on our end" I was meaning that on our local website it's working without any problem so we are not able to reproduce the problem.
Thanks to try to use the given code, this should solve the issue for the back button of the order page when coming from the user control panel, because it make a real return thanks toi the javascript. Then if the code work fine for this part, you will have to edit the other views and make the same modification. But I prefer ask to change in one place to be sure, and then edit the other ones.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
I directly modify the file at joomla_root/public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/order/tmpl/listing.php
Now I need to figure out the similar counterparts for Address, Cart, Download files to modify.
Can you quickly point me to the direct file location of the above that I need to change?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
Please advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
I modified the following files
Joomla_Root/components/com_hikashop/views/order/listing.php
Joomla_Root/components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl/listing.php
Joomla_Root/components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/downloads.php
Joomla_Root/components/com_hikashop/views/cart/tmpl/showcarts.php
and replace the <a>....</a> HIKA_BACK code with yours.
Apparently the result looks okay with me. The back link always returns me to the nice Hikashop menu type "User customer panel" screen.
I will live with this configuration for now.
If this is the fix, I really think that this "back" behaviour is a highly undesirable feature; ie. a BUG. Regardless of your rationale, a "back" is always a "back" That is to bring the user to the back page. The effect should be like the browser "back" button, but this time at the application page level.
I hope you people can look into this anomaly and incorporate this "back" feature in future Hikashop version.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
First of all it's better to use a view override by editing the views via the menu Display > Views of HikaShop else you will loose all your changes when updating.
You can to create/edit the files in your template folder via ftp. But I highly recommend to use the override system.
The changes you made are ok, it's working fine for you now, but this system was used before. Some people had problems and that's why we changed the action of the back button.
In your case it's working fine with the javascript so you can keep it, and that's why I recommend to use the override system because I'm not sure that this will be changed in HikaShop this way.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jokercyclone
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 0
I can't see how I can roll back the change from the Hikashop view system. I can see save but I can't see "duplicate" or save as or rename or any form that allow me to roll back the change easily.
With file structure, I can simply copy listing.php-backup to listing.php and I can even ftp download listing.php-backup to my local drive for future upload use in case Hikashop upgrade removing my change. Well, you get the idea.
And thanks for highlighting the possible pitfall that the change didn't work for some people, thus the current HIKA_BACK mechanism is used. I now fully understand why you program HIKA_BACK that way!!
In my case, lucky or unlucky, your "old system" work well for me, so I just stay with it for now. If I see problem with this manual change in future, I will make noise again in this forum.
Thanks a lot for you patience to guide me through this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.