-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

HI ,

In your update you are stating:
"We added a new option to be able to use the canonical URL of the products/categories on listings generated by HikaShop and even generate the canonical URLs automatically if missing so that you won't get duplicate issues any more"

Is this something that has to be turned ON or is it automatically going to create canonical URL of the products/categories so I don't have to fill it in on each product and category manually?

Thank you for your help.
Karel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 11 months ago #157363

Hi,

Yes, you can find the option in Configuration > Features > SEF > Force canonical URLs on listings. :)

• Thank you received: 11
9 years 10 months ago #160141

When I choose « Use canonical URL and generate it if missing », the canonical URL is used if it exists for a category or a product.
But if the canonical URL doesn't exist, it is not generated automatically in my products or category. I look in Hikashop backend and the field « url canonique » stay empty for all my visited products/categories..

What do you think about it?

Thanks

Hikashop 2.3.1

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Flooder.

• Thank you received: 13082
9 years 10 months ago #160311

Hi,

The canonical URL field will be filled when HikaShop needs to generate a SEF link to that product/category.
So if you don't have any listing where HikaShop needs to generate the SEF link of that product/category it won't be generated. This also means that if you use a third party SEF system which doesn't asks HikaShop for the URL, it won't be generated.

9 years 10 months ago #160327

I m unable to understand which kind of listing should generate the canonical url of a category/product. Would you have an example of a such listing ?
Thanks

9 years 10 months ago #160418

That's ok now. I created a new content module for categories and an other one for products. With these new modules, the field « canonical url » is automatically filled by Hikashop.

Now, I will study how it is filled.

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

9 years 10 months ago #160433

I made some tests...

CATEGORY
I want this canonical URL for my category :
/pt4/la-page-pt/grands-formats/affiches
Hikashop generate this URL for my category :
/pt4/component/hikashop/affiches?Itemid=734 (I don't have this ID, so I saw the new entry you create in my table Menu of my database)

PRODUCT
I want this canonical URL for my product : /pt4/la-page-pt/grands-formats/affiches/produit/affiches-petites
Hikashop generate this URL for my product : /pt4/produit/affiches-petites

I think I will fill myself all the « canonical url » fields of my products/categories (may be with a SQL query).

Comments?

• Thank you received: 13082
9 years 10 months ago #160454

The canonical URL that is generated is the same one that it generated normally for each page processing, so it uses the options of your menus/modules for that.
For example, if you see component/hikashop and Itemid in the URL, it means that the menu that was selected in the options of your module (the menu 734 in your case) is not a HikaShop listing.

But yes, you might want another URL than the one which is generated. HikaShop just generate the URL based on the settings of the first module/menu which displays a link to the element.

If you need precise URLs, then you'll want to add them manually to your products, with a query, a CSV import, or the interface.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Flooder

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds