Hikashop product tags in articles and Acymailing

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #169333

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I have this article with a hikashop product tag.

{product}4239|name|cart|link|pricedis3|pricetax1{/product}
On the website, this product tag is expanded to a perfect view on the product.
Now, I want to include this article in an Acymailing newsletter. I include the article in the news letter like this
{joomlacontent:10|type:intro|link|pict:resized|maxwidth:200|maxheight:200}
and the article is included in the newsletter as expected.
BUT: in the article, instead of the product description, I just read {product}4239|name|cart|link|pricedis3|pricetax1{/product}. Thus the tag expansion didn't take place.

Is there something wrong? Or is this unsupported?

Thanks, Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 7 months ago #169338

Hi,

There is a plugin in Acymailing which allow the trigger of content plugins during newsletter : "AcyMailing : trigger Joomla Content plugins"
You have to activate it.

But I'm not sure that the content generated by our content plugin will be right compatible with a newsletter content.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #169419

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your reply. I've enabled the following plug-ins:

• AcyMailing : HikaShop integration - to get products straight into Acymailing, using Acymailing product tags
  • AcyMailing : trigger Joomla Content plugins - a special plug-in to trigger content plug-ins when rendering the mail
  • HikaShop product tag translation plugin - which does the job in regular content pages

I noticed that the Hikashop product tag translation plugin is of the type "system" rather than "content". Would you think that this could be the cause of my problem?

Thanks and regards, Paul

• Thank you received: 13068
9 years 7 months ago #169440

Hi,

Yes, that's the problem. The great thing about the fact that we did it as a system plugin is that you don't have to put the tag in a joomla article for it to be replaced. You can put it anywhere on the website, in a view, in a module, in the template, and the tag will be replaced at the end of the page processing.
But since the emails are not displayed on the website but sent to the receiver, the plugin doesn't do its magic on the content of the emails.
You would then ask if there would be a way to have it as a content plugin, and I would say that yes, it wouldn't be too complex to change that. However, it wouldn't help you add the product in your newsletters. That's because the tag replacing process needs to add several javascript files on the page, and javascript code as well and that won't be possible in an email.
It's not meant to be used for emails. We actually developed the AcyMailing HikaShop integration plugin in order to include products information into emails. If you have it, you can use the tags button of your AcyMailing newsletter edition interface in order to select the products that you want to display and the information that you want and it will generate a tag specific to that integration plugin which will be replaced during the email sending process of AcyMailing.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 3 months ago #187187

When you say "The great thing about the fact that we did it as a system plugin is that you don't have to put the tag in a joomla article for it to be replaced. You can put it anywhere on the website, in a view, in a module, in the template, and the tag will be replaced at the end of the page processing."

Does that mean we can also add Hikashop products into our Easyblog posts?

<EDIT>
Nevermind. I figured out the answer is yes. Awesome!

I'll leave my question here, in case anyone searches for Easyblog and Hikashop integration.

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sison2466.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds