Duplicate Orders when Checking Out

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #184026

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

Over the last month or so, when an order was placed, once in a while there would be a duplicate order, same amount, same shipping, different order & invoice numbers. I've looked & looked, and cannot figure out why this is happening. It doesn't happen with every order...but it has happened a few times and it is screwing up my inventory, causing me to have to go & cancel the orders, and sometimes put the inventory back to what it was prior to the duplicate order being put through.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on what could be causing it?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
9 years 3 months ago #184051

Hi,

Are the duplicate orders all confirmed with the corresponding payment ?
If yes, then all I can think of is that the user made the purchase several times.
But if not, and only the last one is confirmed, then it's normal. Only the confirmed orders should be taken into account.
And created orders should be cancelled to restore the stock automatically. There is a plugin to automatically cancel non confirmed orders after a defined period.
Or you can also change the system to update the stock on order confirmation, not order creation.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #184065

Hey Nicolas,

The duplicate orders are usually "created" as I've caught 2 before they were paid for. Once it was paid, only one was "confirmed"...the other stayed "created". I switched the stock removal from created to confirmed once I posted this issue...so now I'm good there.

I'm guessing they are possibly hitting submit too many times, or is this a potential glitch in the shopping cart?

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 3 months ago #184121

So your issue was probably just coming from the fact that the user made the purchase several times and paid for the last order.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #184149

I'd like to think so...and I hope that's right, but with it happening a few times over the last month or so only, never before...I was worried that some update might have changed something.

Thanks guys!

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds