export hikasho to the new desing site

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 10 months ago #272561

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.livetv.com.tw
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6
-- PHP version -- : 6.5

Hi,
We've redesign our site and about to release. The new installed hikashop is empty.
How do I export my existing data which have some custom fields and our own created plugins to the new site?
By the way, the existing site is still in version 2.6.X. Thanks in advance

Best regards
Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 9 months ago #272573

Hi,

You can export the tables hikashop_ from your phpmyadmin and import them on your new database instead of the tables.
Then, click on the "check database" button in the HikaShop configuration to fix all the tables so that they work properly with the new version of HikaShop you're using.
Finally, you can also copy the files and sub folders in media/com_hikashop/upload and images/com_hikashop/upload and install your custom plugins on the new website.
You might have to save once the settings in the HikaShop configuration in order to get the new settings properly saved as well and maybe you want to check on them so that they are configured like you want for your new website).

The following user(s) said Thank You: twscott

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #289601

hello nicolas, I'm going to do the same thing with my template,
if I understand correctly I will normally install hikashop on the new site, and then amount the tables exported from the old site right? I think phpadmin can tell me that the tables that I'm trying to import are already present in the database, so we must first delete the tables created by the new installation of hikashop?

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 1 month ago #289608

Hi,

It's better to first import the tables (and change their prefix if necessary) and then install HikaShop. It will find the old tables and update them automatically during the install process.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds