After Joomla 3.8.2 Update Cannot Select Next Page

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #282906

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

After installing the Joomla! 3.8.2 update on HikaShop 3.2.0, I was unable to select the next page on a category listing...or any page for that matter, other than the first page. Even trying to change the shown quantities from 20 to anything above that, resets to 20.

As such, I re-uploaded a staging copy again, updated HikaShop to 3.2.1, and checked everything, and the page selections do not work. Thinking this was odd as it was working before either the HikaShop or Joomla update...I updated Joomla from 3.8.1 to 3.8.2 also hoping that something needed to be installed from that too...and it still doesn't work.

I will be sending over login information via the Contact us form. Please let me know what you find.

If needed, I can delete this staging copy & make a copy of my current live site that isn't having any issues so you can test further as well.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 5 months ago #282912

Hi,

The pagination works fine on my end with the latest version of Joomla and HikaShop.
Please check whether you have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/pagination.php and if you do, try renaming it.
It's a template pagination override and it can sometimes mess with the pagination system.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #282962

Nope...there isn't a file like that there.

I may be using the wrong wording...try this because it doesn't work on ANY computer, tablet, or phone I use (Windows 10 or 7 for computers, Asus Android Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S5 and S7 phones, Safari, Chrome, Edge, I.E., Firefox for computer browsers)...

Go to the link that I provided
Click Shopping on the left side menu
Then click any manufacture (let's use Iron Wind Metals for example)
Then select Battletech
Then select Battlemechs

Scroll down and select ANY other page, 2, 5, 7, doesn't matter...they all bounce back to the same page you are on which is page 1.

6 years 5 months ago #282971

Hi,

No, I know. I've seent he issue on your website before trying to reproduce it on my end (a test website on my computer).So that's why I'm thinking that it comes from something specific to your website, especially since no one else reported that issue yet.
Try changing the "redirect POST mode" setting of the HikaShop configuration, that might help circumvent the issue.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #283115

nicolas wrote: Hi,

No, I know. I've seent he issue on your website before trying to reproduce it on my end (a test website on my computer).So that's why I'm thinking that it comes from something specific to your website, especially since no one else reported that issue yet.
Try changing the "redirect POST mode" setting of the HikaShop configuration, that might help circumvent the issue.

Nicolas,

Hope you had a great thanksgiving (If you celebrate).

Thank you for posting & giving me some direction, I would NEVER have thought that would do anything...but it worked as far as I can tell. I'm going to see if I can break it, but if not...thank you very much!

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #283135

Nicolas...while toying around in the staging site...I noticed that the Export of orders is not working. It just takes me to a blank white screen. Since you have the log in info...could you take a peek at that...or do you need me to make a new post?

6 years 4 months ago #283161

Hi,

When you have a blank page, the first thing to do, event before contacting us, is to activate the "error reporting" and "debug mode" of the Joomla configuration and try again and you should then have the error message causing that blank page on the blank page.
And if you don't, then look in your PHP error log for the error message corresponding to the blank page.
Then, please report the error message you have and we can tell you what to do.

The most likely cause of a blank page when you export your orders is a memory limit. If the error message you get says that there is a problem with the memory, you'll have to increase the "memory_limit" setting of your php.ini and it should then work again.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 4 months ago #283177

nicolas wrote: Hi,

When you have a blank page, the first thing to do, event before contacting us, is to activate the "error reporting" and "debug mode" of the Joomla configuration and try again and you should then have the error message causing that blank page on the blank page.
And if you don't, then look in your PHP error log for the error message corresponding to the blank page.
Then, please report the error message you have and we can tell you what to do.

The most likely cause of a blank page when you export your orders is a memory limit. If the error message you get says that there is a problem with the memory, you'll have to increase the "memory_limit" setting of your php.ini and it should then work again.

Man...I wish I knew as much as you guys. You pointed me directly where the problem is. Memory. Here's the error I am getting...
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 147456 bytes) in /home/ariesgam/staging/1/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/order/tmpl/export.php on line 64

So I'm guessing I need to increase the memory limit like you said, so I tried increasing "off
"memory_limit" from 256M, to 512M, then again to 1024M...neither worked.

Just for the heck of it...I tried increasing "post_max_size" and "upload_max_filesize" from their default 500M to 1024M...and neither worked as well...so maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Dragon41673.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #283178

Hello,

If you have increase your memory limit to more than 512M and you still have memory issues ; problem would be that you're doing an action which require too much memory.

For example, if you're doing an export of your orders ; best would be to use the date filters in order to export only orders in a specified time period and not all orders of your store (which can be a lot to process).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 4 months ago #283224

Jerome wrote: Hello,

If you have increase your memory limit to more than 512M and you still have memory issues ; problem would be that you're doing an action which require too much memory.

For example, if you're doing an export of your orders ; best would be to use the date filters in order to export only orders in a specified time period and not all orders of your store (which can be a lot to process).

Regards,

Wow...feeling kinda dumb now, never realized the date ranges on the order screen would also work with the export button. It works now.

Thank you very much Jerome!

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds