"Hide cart when empty" is not working after Hikashop update

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 4 months ago #282910

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38

Hello!

I just recently updated from Hikashop 2.6.4 to Hikashop 3.2.1. Most of the small issues (like small layout changes, etc.) that I faced after the update, I already fixed myself, but one of the things that I can't figure out is why cart module is now always visible, regardless of the "Hide cart when empty" option selected or not.

In the link I provided, I have made the Cart as very small fixed-position green box on the very top left corner - as you see, it shows regardless of any products being added to cart or not. Can you suggest, what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: For the time being, I will just apply quick dirty CSS hack - I will make cart container collapsible, so that if there are no <a> links (items) in the cart, it will allow cart width fall to 0px.

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Savickis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 4 months ago #282913

Hi,

The cart is now always adding HTML, even if empty.
That's actually to fix an issue:
- before when the cart was empty and no HTML was added to the page, when you were adding a product to the cart in AJAX mode (javascript, without a page refresh), the cart wouldn't be updated since no HTML were to put the HTML of the cart module was present on the page.
- now with HikaShop 3, the add to cart buttons are always using AJAX and so this issue would be too problematic. So we have to add HTML to the page so that when you click on the add to cart button, the HTML of the content of the cart can be added at the correct location.
So there is nothing wrong. It's how it is supposed to be for the cart module refresh to work properly, unfortunately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds