After upgrade, custom field data displays next to each item in backend

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 4 months ago #283046

-- url of the page with the problem -- : balancedequine.com.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 57.0 64 bit

After having an intermittent issue with Paypal, it was suggested that we date to the latest version of Hikashop. I upgraded from essential to business edition and in the frontend, everything appeared normal. When we went into the backend to the products section, instead of showing the product image and title it is showing the custom field text which is quite lengthy. How do I get it back to only displaying the image and title like it always has. Thanks in advance, Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 4 months ago #283053

Hi,

It seems that you're saying that you have product custom field text displayed on your backend products listing.
In that case, check the settings of the custom field via the menu Display>Custom fields.
We've introduced new display options for custom fields with recent versions of HikaShop and you can now configure more precisely where the custom fields are displaying.

The following user(s) said Thank You: avonrivercs

6 years 4 months ago #283149

Thank you, that worked. Just a side note about custom fields. Is there any way of identifying the actual custom field in the product. Shop developers will know which field the custom field refers to, but secondary admins may not know which custom field it is referring to. If the title of the custom field in the product data read something like Custom Field (TechnicalData) everyone would know that part refers to a custom field, and the field name is TechnicalData. Just a thought, thanks again for your help, Steve

6 years 4 months ago #283159

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean ?
The custom field title is used on the products listing, on the product edition page and in the frontend product page.
So it should be easy to see which field it is.
Please provide some screenshots to illustrate what you mean.

6 years 4 months ago #283202

Hi,
What I am talking about is when you create a custom field and get it to show in the backend, the title for the custom field is Custom Field. If you have created several custom fields, how do you tell which custom field it actually is. In the first attachment, you can see the custom field shown as Custom Field and then the second one shows the Display > Custom Fields. Can you tell which is the one that is displayed in the product page? All the best, Steve

Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #283205

Hi,

No, the "CUSTOM FIELDS" text on the product edition page is the title of the area where all the custom fields are displayed.
And in there, each custom field has its label displayed before or on top of it.
For example, these are the labels of the custom fields on my test website : monosnap.com/file/ZqUGpWv6wVqhwgmJE3jB4usZ5k5zh4

The fact that you don't have any text next to your WYSIWYG custom field is just because you've left empty its label as you can see on the listing of the custom fields.
And if that's not the case, then it means that the text you've added there corresponds exactly to a translation key for which the translation is empty.
For example, if I have a translation key:
FIELD=""
And then I use the text "field" as label of my custom field, the label displayed everywhere will be "" instead of "field".

The following user(s) said Thank You: avonrivercs

6 years 4 months ago #283259

Thank you for that, I never even noticed the label field in there. I have put in a name and now the label is displaying in the products. :) Very happy!

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds