VAT number not saving to order details.

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 4 months ago #283454

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.solarmade.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 62.0.3202.94

We recently updated to HikaShop 3.2.1 and have been experiencing an issue with our VAT numbers. The VAT number field (in our case it's used for Colorado Tax ID numbers to remove state sales tax from tax exempt company orders) is not recording after it has been input in the address form. This function was working fine before the update, now the VAT number field keeps coming up blank after the address details are entered, and tax is not removed from the order as a result. Our taxes are setup to only charge tax on orders from in-state individuals, and in-state companies without VAT numbers. This method was working fine before so I doubt the problem lies with our tax configuration. I have tried adding the address_vat custom field to the Display->Views->address_template file, just to see if that was causing the problem, but the VAT field still is not being recorded and tax is not being removed. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Regards,
Ian Culbertson
Solar Made

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by SolarMade. Reason: Added Signature

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #283666

Hello,

Can you please check your settings for the HikaShop taxes ?
There is a parameter to perform a VAT number verification (which can be made with a format or an online check).
If the feature is activated, it could alter the content of the VAT number.

Afterwards, some screenshots regarding your tax configuration (and taxes configurations) would be useful in order to understand the global situation and give you a more accurate answer.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 4 months ago #283769

Jerome,

I have tried setting the VAT number verification to no check, format check, and online check with no results, it just will not remember the VAT number when entered. Attached are screenshots of our tax configuration and tax rules. All of our tax rules are set to cumulative tax, if that would even have anything to do with it.

Regards,
Ian

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by SolarMade.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 4 months ago #283771

Hi,

From what I can see you're using a custom field you've created which makes the address _vat field appear or not based on whether your custom field is checked or not.
I suppose there is an issue with that.
I would recommend to simplify the form and only leave the address_vat field.
In it, don't set the "display limited to" setting, and just change the title of the field to something like "VAT number (only for Tax exempt in Colorado)".
That will be one less click for your customers in colorado, won't change anything for other users and it should prevent the issue with the field not stored if it comes from the hide/display system with the other custom field (and it will be less error prone in the future anyway).

The following user(s) said Thank You: SolarMade

6 years 4 months ago #283870

Nicolas,

That fixed it! Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Ian C.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds