Update to Joomla 3.8.2 and Hikashop 3.2.1 Breaks a LOT of stuff

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284728

Hello! Just today I encountered a problem after upgrading to 3.2.1 HikaShop - "floated layout" search results. I set the request = the name of the product category, it is standard Joomla search. I'm using a template JA_Jason Joomlart.com preinstalled with HikaShop. A few days ago I upgraded to 3.8.2 and hikashop joomla 3.2.1
Tell me what to do for the normal layout of search results?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by svpromo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 3 months ago #284745

Hi,

The search results page of the standard Joomla search module is a page displayed by Joomla's search system, not HikaShop.
HikaShop just provides the links to the products pages and the product names/descriptions.

Your issue with the span tag in the title is a bug of Joomla:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/16979
As explained there, it's possible that it comes from a view override of your template that should be updated.
So try with the default template of Joomla. If that work, then please contact your template provider for help. If not, look at the instructions in that link.
In any case, we can't help further on that issue as HikaShop is not involved.

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

6 years 3 months ago #284797

The fact that HikaShop and participates in it! The template I use is called ja-jason.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en Look, it already comes with HikaShop.
This error was fiction until I updated to 3.2.1 HikaShop

6 years 3 months ago #284800

In addition, search Joomla why it takes a non-existent links. Now I have the url /shop/c/logos and search result references /shop/all/category/logos
I changed the category path manually, but the search is issued the old ways, which were created in the template demo Jason
Help to understand, please.

6 years 3 months ago #284803

As explained there, it's possible that it comes from a view override of your template that should be updated.
So try with the default template of Joomla. If that work, then please contact your template provider for help. If not, look at the instructions in that link.

6 years 3 months ago #284885

What's the pattern? Apparently you don't want me to hear. Here's what I'm writing to You. For demo, store categories have been arranged that way - /shop/all/category/logos is a Paty to the category of HikaShop.
I changed the settings and override the path to the same category, now it looks like this /shop/all/category/logos
The problem arises in that the search Joomla still gives me the link /shop/all/category/logos But it doesn't exist, you know? I have overridden the way, did all the settings in HikaShop.Here try it yourself svpromo.ru/start/search - enter the name of the category "Logos" and kiknite the result - will see 404

6 years 3 months ago #284888

Hi,

In your first message, you provide a screenshot and highligt the title of the category which has extra HTML tags that shouldn't be there. And you don't talk about any link. So I thought that this was your problem since that's actually a bug of Joomla or your template.
So I've given you an answer on that.
Then, you talk about your talk and another problem with the links but you don't even talk about what I wrote which looks like you just ignored my answer for an issue which isn't even in HikaShop. So yes, I purposefully replied back the same answer.

But with your latest message, it seems that you actually don't want to fix the extra HTML tags around the name of the category, but that your issue is actually that the links of the categories are not correct. That's something I hadn't understood until now.
So regarding that issue, it looks like you have either a SEF extension like SH404SEF and you need to clear its SEF URLs cache, or you have a wrong canonical URL in the settings of your logos category (so please check that the canonical URL of the category is the one you want for it and that you have the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration).

6 years 3 months ago #284905

I want to eliminate both problems. Error with the link and with her appearance.
Thanks for the tip regarding canonical links. I just removed them in the hope that Hika will generate them new. Putting the link manually, the problem is resolved.

And about highlight tag error occurs as soon as I put the package business 3.2.1 for this template.

But it is very strange actually, the developers of the template assure that the crux of the problem lies not in the pattern of production, and in the component HikaShop Business 321

++++++

In addition, I found another problem - this time with review the goods. Here is the page svpromo.ru/shop/p/tie-with-logo for example. In the part of the page where the commenting form - there is no possibility to leave a voice (put asterisk).
And if trying to put an asterisk at the top of the page, under the product name, Hika demands to enter voting data (name and email). Is this possible: on the top of the page to show only the rating, without a possibility of its change. But on the tab to leave feedback - can use both forms: leave the asterisk and leave the text??

It is also unclear the purpose of the switch what type of review to use jcomments/no - it does not turn on, is only one type of comments - by default.

++++++

Also does not work to hide the "read more" in the short description of the product. In the settings Hika is not to use "read more", but the link is still there.

And I cannot understand the logic of the description of the product. Why the detailed description of the goods present text from the brief description? How is it possible to remove? Short only on top, full (no short) at the bottom - is that possible?

6 years 3 months ago #284907

Hi,

1. No, that's not a bug of HikaShop, I can assure you that. It's actually easy to test: Create a new Joomla article called "Logos" and search for it with the Joomla search and you'll see that the Joomla search result for it also has the same issue, but HikaShop cannot be involved with search results of Joomla articles on the search system of Joomla... So this will clearly prove you and your template provider that it's not coming from HikaShop. Now I'm not saying that the problem is with your template. As I said, it's first a bug of Joomla and the link I gave has the solution to it, but it's possible. The simplest way to tell if it comes from the template or not is to switch to the default template of Joomla temporarily and see if you have the problem with it or not. If not, then there is something to change in the template.

2. For other unrelated questions please open new subjects. And please provide as much information as possible. For example, for your vote issue, please provide a screenshot of the settings of the vote & comments section of your HikaShop configuration.
And if you don't want the mini description on the right of the product page, you can hide it with CSS. For example:
.hikashop_product_description_main_mini{ display:none; }
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds