Strange formatting until F5 pressed or developer tools turned on!

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 months ago #285330

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.sportsmark.net/bowls/artificial-bank-grass
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari and CHrome

Hi All,
I've been asked to look at a Hika shop in Joomla and this is my first visit to both Joomla and Hika, so please go easy on me if there is a simple solution, but I did search and could not find one.

As you can see from the first image attached image the products are displayed in a lot of instances without their prices. The second image shows what the page should look like and is what is seen after pressing refresh, or if the developer tools are open. I assume this is something to do with the way that the style sheets are downloaded, but is there a fix?

IE and MS Edge both render the page correctly, first time.

This is the link to the page I was looking at, once the page is cached it seems to come back ok.
https://www.sportsmark.net/sports-equipment/category/119-artificial-wickets

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 3 months ago #285335

Hi,

For me, your links display fine on the first load.
I suppose that the problem comes from your internet connexion which is too slow and because of that, the javascript to calculate the height of the elements is done before the images are loaded.

I would recommend adding such CSS to your template in order to force the height of the elements:

.hikashop_subcontainer {
    height: 350px;
}
www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joomla-3/edit-template
docs.joomla.org/Discover_your_template_c...n_how_to_change_them

6 years 3 months ago #285369

Hi Nicolas,

Unfortunately the issue is not just happening on my pc, it was raised by customers and clients. The suggested fix is a good idea, but I'd rather have the code work correctly.

What browser are you using? If you try some more of the categories you may see the issue. As I said in my original post the site works perfectly in IE and Edge, just not in FF and Chrome.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks for your response, it is appreciated.

regards,

Anthony
Anthony

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 3 months ago #285385

Hi,

I tested using Chrome and Safari (the browsers you mentioned with the problem).
I tried on other pages though and I could see the problem.
Looking at it, the issue is that you're using an old version of HikaShop which has an old system for the javascript calculating the height. Updating should help.
However, even with recent versions it sometimes happen that it doesn't work properly.
The javascript calculation system is only a clunky fix. The best is to set the height in CSS. I would actually recommend turning off the "height consistency" setting and rather use CSS to force the height, it's a better solution. And that will work even without updating HikaShop.

6 years 3 months ago #285434

Thanks for the update and response.

I'll get the version updated and see where we get to then.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds