Paypal Recurring Payment with Akeeba Subscriptions

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #285779

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.31

Hi,

I need to implement the recurring Paypal subscription payment in Hikashop, I have installed and enabled the followings:
1. Akeeba Subscription Component
2. Akeeba Subscriptions - HikaShop Integration Plugin
3. Hikashop Paypal Recurring Payment Plugin

I have read the instructions ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...a-subscriptions.html ) and configured the Akeeba Subscription Component accordingly. However, the settings do not work at the front end, and the Hikashop PayPal Recurring plugin does not appear for selection in the check-out page.

Please advise. Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 3 months ago #285782

Hi,

The PayPal recurring plugin and the integration with Akeeba subscription for the recurring payments won't work properly starting with HikaShop 3.2.2.
We've had to modify the way the recurring system is done in HikaShop so that it is easier to integrate and works better.
With HikaShop 3.2.2 if you want to do recurring payments, you need to use HikaSubscription instead of Akeeba Subscriptions.
HikaSubscription comes with a PayPal recurring payment plugin and it fully compatible with the new recurring system in HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/product/cid-227.html
Also, I would strongly advise against using Akeeba Subscriptions since there is no support anymore from its developer, and it's been like that since a few years now. We've been working on HikaSubscriptions especially to be able to provide an alternative that we'll be able to maintain in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds