Frontend User Dashboard - Order Created

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 2 months ago #286278

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3

Users have access to the dashboard on the frontend where they can access their cart and orders created. I have configuration set to empty cart when order is created.

Issue: if we have a product that is only available to a certain date, they person can go into the order created and pay for it, circumventing the product availability check.

How can I resolve this? Is the only option to keep item in cart until paid? That won't work as we utilize hika auction, where order needs to first be created. I feel like I'm missing something...

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
6 years 2 months ago #286311

Hi,

Yes and no.
If you try to load a cart with a product which isn't available anymore, the cart will automatically remove the product from the cart and display a message to the customer that the product is not available. So it should not possible to finish a checkout with a cart containing a product that isn't available.
However, once the order is created it means that the order is valid and then the product settings (quantity, availability, access, etc) are not checked anymore for the order.
If you don't want orders created to be paid outside of the checkout, you can turn off the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
And if you keep that setting activated, you can also configure the "order auto cancel" plugin to cancel created orders after a while so that customers can only pay orders during a certain time frame.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mduda

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 2 months ago #286342

Thanks...you are always so good at getting answers back on the forum.

I will try to shorten the time on the plugin to see if that helps. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds