how to make a coupon ignore one item

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #288269

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5

How can I offer a customer a coupon code that will not work on gift certificates - the work around I'm using is to make it "Ignore discount products" - so I have to first raise the price (by $0.01) for the gift certificate, and then discount it by the same amount to get the new coupon code to ignore it.
Is there a better way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
6 years 2 months ago #288290

Hello,

The best way is to use restriction (categorie, product, user etc) on Coupon/Discount system but it's only available on Essential & Business version.

You can see here , which features is available for each version.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #288346

I have the business edition, but I can't figure out how to make the gift certificate be permanently outside of any coupon or discount. Otherwise, anytime I make a coupon code for a specific customer, or a general sale, I have to go through hoops of raising the price and then discounting it so the coupon restrictions can be applied.

• Thank you received: 13065
6 years 2 months ago #288363

Hi,

The coupon restrictions in HikaShop are inclusive, not exclusive.
So would have to move it to a category by itself and select the other categories in the coupon.
And you could copy the previous coupons instead of creating new coupons so that you wouldn't have to reselect the categories each time.

Otherwise, if you want exclusive product restriction for coupons, I believe that AWOCoupon, which is compatible with the coupon system of HikaShop, has such capability:
awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds