After Upgrading to 3.3.0, Add to Wishlist Cannot be Turned Off

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 week ago #289830

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mirye.net/mirye-store/product/classic-santa
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33

I just updated our site to 3.3.0 Business Edition, and noticed that "Add to Wishlist" is now displaying on all products. I never enabled it.

I checked under "Default parameters for products" and "Add to Wishlist" is set to NO. How do I fix this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
6 years 1 week ago #289832

Hi,

Looks like you managed to turn it off, right now I can't find any "Add to wishlist" on your site.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

6 years 1 week ago #289847

lousyfool wrote: Hi,

Looks like you managed to turn it off, right now I can't find any "Add to wishlist" on your site.

That makes it even stranger. I can see it with FF 64 on Win 10, but not Chrome or Edge:

mirye.net/mirye-store/product/retired-do...-fifth-wheel-trailer

Can you check also with FF?

6 years 1 week ago #289848

Hi,

Of course, I don't see any "Add to wishlist" button in any browser and, of course, there should be no difference in between browsers.

Except... what's your setting for "Hide wishlist button for guest users" in the HikaShop configuration? Could it be that it's set to "yes" and you're logged in in the browsers where you see the button?

Anyway, you can configure wishlist functionality there, and the button display not only in default settings, but also per product listing module and menu item where it'll override the default setting.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

6 years 1 week ago #289852

lousyfool wrote: Hi,

Of course, I don't see any "Add to wishlist" button in any browser and, of course, there should be no difference in between browsers.

Except... what's your setting for "Hide wishlist button for guest users" in the HikaShop configuration? Could it be that it's set to "yes" and you're logged in in the browsers where you see the button?

Anyway, you can configure wishlist functionality there, and the button display not only in default settings, but also per product listing module and menu item where it'll override the default setting.

Thanks, I checked that and it was a problem.

Please note that the Add to Wishlist button was not visible previously, prior to upgrading to 3.3, and it was only displaying on FF 64 bit on Win 10.

6 years 1 week ago #289853

Hi,

Glad you solved your problem.

Lynn wrote: Please note that the Add to Wishlist button was not visible previously, prior to upgrading to 3.3, and it was only displaying on FF 64 bit on Win 10.

You didn't say from which previous version you updated but, yes, improvements to the wishlist have been made in the past - see changelog .

Generally, as with other if not all software, it is certainly recommendable to read changelogs before updating, and afterwards going through configuration settings to make sure it's all as you need or want it, particularly changed or added feature, to avoid unexpected behaviour.

However, as already stated, features like wishlist are not depending on browser type unless it depends on your logged-in status (like other ACL-dependent content) and you're logged in with some browsers but not with others.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds