Hide Finish Button after clicked

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 2 weeks ago #290654

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33

Hi
Hope you can help.
We are selling online courses using Hikashop and Joomdle.
We are currently selling voucher codes to our clients, they then give the codes to their employees which allows the employee a 100% on a course (Since the course has already been paid for by the employer).

Due to no payment being needed, Joomdle starts enrolling the person into the course/s that they have selected as soon as they click "Finish" (Which takes a few seconds to happen 2 to 10 sec depending) the problem is this people are impatient and since the system does not instantly take them to the next page, they assume it is not responding so they keep clicking finish, each time they click finish a new order is created and the system starts processing the enrollment request again, which when done enough grinds the entire website to a halt.

Is there any way to as soon as they click "Finish" hide the finish button and replace it with a message such as "Please Wait" so that they can not click it more than once.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 weeks ago #290668

Hi,

HikaShop already has that mechanism.
When you click on a "next" or "finish" button of the checkout, there is a loading icon which is added to the button and the button becomes disabled.
And thus, you can't click twice on it.
So I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Please provide instructions to reproduce the issue on your website.

6 years 2 weeks ago #290694

Hi Nicolas

I will PM you with a username and password to that you can take a look.
I have taken a look at your demo site and I see what you mean, for some reason though my Hikashop looks nothing like yours, I don't have the button that disables, I don't get the product popup in the corner of the screen to show that it has been added to the cart, and my back end dashboard looks completely different.

Basically my Hikashop looks and for the most part seems to function the way it did when I started using Hikashop 2.2.2

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 weeks ago #290703

Hi,

Apparently, you're still using the old checkout system of Hikashop 2.x and you have view overrides on the views of that old checkout.
So that's why it still looks the same.
If you want to switch to the new checkout of HikaShop 3, you can turn off the "checkout legacy" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
However, you'll loose the customization that you have (like for example the text "(Username may contain alphanumeric characters only,
No Uppercase, No Spaces)" next to the username field).

The following user(s) said Thank You: SnoozeULooze.co.za

6 years 2 weeks ago #290755

Hi

Thank you I will gladly give up the customization to save me the frustration of duplicate orders.

Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by SnoozeULooze.co.za.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds