access permission views not removing from view

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #290695

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mavendesignstudio-demo.com/antique-swan/
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi,

I have removed access views for a user but they are still showing in the menu. Please see this screen shot: take.ms/eoiI7

All child menus of System are set to not show but the system parent menu still shows.
Affiliates is set to not show but the icon button still shows: (see also take.ms/iBqR6 )
Users, Orders, Configuration, Help, and Update are all set to not show but they are showing in Joomla's top level menu. They do not show within Hikashop dashboard menus.

Please advise how to remove them from view. When the user clicks on those items, there is a 403 access forbidden error, which is correct but I don't want the user to have that experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 weeks ago #290706

hi,

1. It's not possible to remove them from the Joomla menu as it is Joomla which handles the display of the main menu of your backend.
We could potentially remove them, but then they would be removed for everyone.

2. Regarding the Affiliate icon in the dashboard, while the text there says "affiliate", if you click on it, you can see that it goes to the banners listing of the affiliate system. But you didn't disable the access to the banners area in your ACLs. You need to disable it if you don't want the affiliate icon there.

3. Regarding the system menu, it should be removed from the HikaShop menu if you disable the "manage" access of the "configuration" area in your HikaShop ACLs. Can you check that you've done that ?

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #290751

1. I'll think about how best to handle the top level menu items that come from Joomla. Long term, that will continue to confuse the user when they click on one of those that they don't actually have permissions to view and get a 403 error. Do you have any suggestions or considerations here?

2. I didn't notice that affiliations was actually banners. Those are turned off now.

3. Good catch, I did not have the "manage" disabled.

Thank you Nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #290752

Also, is there a way to disable Brands from view? It's not on the list of access levels.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 weeks ago #290788

Hi,

1. Well, aside from completely removing these menu items for everyone I don't see any solution.
You can do that in your PHPMyAdmin in the menus table of Joomla.
However, note that you'll get the menu items back each time your update HikaShop, so I can't even recommand that.

2. The brands manager actually uses the exact same views as the categories manager. In fact, from one, you can access the others.
So that's why there is no specific ACL setting for brands. If you change the category ACL, it will affect both the brands and the categories.
What you could do is add such code:

if(@$child['check']['filter_id'] == 'manufacturer') continue;
after the line:
foreach($menu['children'] as $child) {
in the file "default" of the view "menu" via the menu Display>Views.
That will remove the brands menu.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds