Auto export sales to a Google Spreadsheet?

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 11 months ago #290895

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0

I need some way to make Dashboard visible to a user who does not have login access to the site. What would be the best way to do this?
Right now we are using Google Spreadsheets, it would be great if there was an automatic way to update the spreadsheet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 11 months ago #290896

Hi,

You can potentially configure a mass action to generate a CSV of the sales periodically and email it to a specific email address:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

However, the dashboard itself is only available in the backend of Joomla and thus requires at least a user account allowed to log onto the backend and there is no easy way to do differently to access it.

4 years 3 months ago #313916

No emails are sent when I click execute. Is there anything glaringly wrong on this set up?
I would like to get a CSV of all ticket sales when a new order is confirmed. Emails are sent by the server for other services, all that is working fine.

Thanks!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 609
4 years 3 months ago #313925

Hello,

I'm sorry but your screenshot is impossible to read, and so hard to get the root issue from this.
Sorry for this return, and awaiting news to move forward on your subject.

Regards

4 years 3 months ago #313945

Oops. Sorry about that. These new screenshots should work.

Unrelated to that and I hope it's ok to ask in the same thread how can I add <br> between "Proceed to checkout"and the amount? Screenshot #4. I couldn't find the appropriate display > view > cart file I guess.

Attachments:

4 years 3 months ago #313946

Hi,

1. I think that your problem is with the export path which is not a file but a folder. please change it to something like /my/website/path/myscvfile.csv

2. Regarding the cart module, you'll have to edit the file "cart" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views for your frontend template. There's only one such file.
Now I would rather recommend to do that change with only CSS code. That shouldn't be a problem and the less view overrides you make the easier future updates will be.

4 years 3 months ago #313972

I added the file path. Unfortunately no export file can be found in the root directory.
Is there a log or some debug file that could help me see what is happening in the background when I click process?

4 years 3 months ago #313981

Hi,

There is no log/debug of that process.
You would have to add your debug in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/massaction.php, before the line:
JFile::write($uploadFolder.$name, $data);
which is the line writing the content of the CSV to the CSV file on the hard drive of the server.
For example:
var_dump($uploadFolder.$name); exit;
When you run the export, you'll see a blank page with the file path where the CSV is written (supposing that it doesn't stop the process before for some reason).

4 years 3 months ago #314187

Unfortunately I lack the skill to do this. I've been trying for a while and no luck.

Any suggestions on an alternative way to do this? Our theater manager would prefer to have a quick view summary of how many tickets are sold with peoples name and quantity in a list format. He would prefer not to login anywhere since passwords are difficult for him but could use a secret URL bookmark or maybe an email.

Sorry to be a pest about this, it's an older gentlemen volunteer and I'm trying to make it easier for him.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 3 months ago #314202

Hello,

We can eventually add that debug line and run the test for you to check the file path or if there's an error message but we'll need a temporary back-end and FTP access to your website.

You can send it using our contact form and by specifying a link to that thread :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds