Add Waitlist Feature for Products Coming Soon

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #291719

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.testing.mojooutdoors.com/products/mojo-dove-a-flickers
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0

I want to add the waitlist feature for products coming soon (e.g., start selling on May 1st). However, I do not want it to show for items that are discontinued (e.g., stopped selling on April 10th).

I have the waitlist feature enabled and the "available from" set to some date in the future. However, I do not see the waitlist feature? Any ideas on how to make it display for this scenario?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 11 months ago #291735

Hi,

So far the waitlist feature is linked to the product quantity.
If the quantity is 0, then the button will appear, regardless of the "available from" value.
So you could manually change the stock when the date comes.
It's also possible to automate that with mass actions to change the quantity automatically based on the available from value.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #291782

Hi nicolas,

This is not the case, at least with our setup. I thought it might be some customization in the "quantity" file, but even removing the customized file did not correct the issue. Waitlist is set to "all products" in the configuration. Waitlist shows properly for all products with quantity=0, but does not show when you add a future date to the "availability" option.

Example without adding the "availability" option: www.testing.mojooutdoors.com/other-motio...mojo-butt-up-rippler

Example with: www.testing.mojooutdoors.com/products/mojo-dove-a-flickers

I can give you backend access if necessary.

5 years 11 months ago #291805

Hi,

If you have a product with a quantity of 0 and the waitlist setting set to all products, then it should display the button regardless of the available from setting of the product.
If that's not the case, then either you have the "add to cart legacy" setting activated and you're using the old add to cart system from HikaShop 2.x, or you have view overrides in your template based on old versions from HikaShop 2.
So please check that.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #291810

I am not using the add to cart legacy settings and the wait-list is set to so products. Additionally, I removed all customizations from the "show_default" and "quantity" view files hoping that it would resolve the issue. However, I still observed the same behavior. Could it be another view file?

5 years 11 months ago #291813

Hi,

The best is to check with the default template of Joomla. If you have the issue, then it's not coming from a view override of your template and we'll need a backend access to check your settings (you can send that via our contact form along with a link to this thread), but if you don't, then it's indeed a view override causing the issue.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #291846

Checked with default joomla template and same problem. I just sent the backend credentials. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

5 years 11 months ago #291870

Hi,

Thanks. I've found the issue and applied the modification on your website.
I've also added the patch on our end for the next version of HikaShop.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #291908

Thank you! What was the problem? Will need to know when I add the changes to our live site (this was the test version you had access to).

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 11 months ago #291920

Hello,

The modification is on the quantity.php file (in YourTemplate\components\com_hikashop\views\product\tmpl folder), and so you can copy the file to replace the one on your live site (if only both website are in the same HikaShop version to avoid troubles).

You can too compare the 2 quantity files to see difference (with WinMerge by example).

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #292061

Thank you! Great help as always!

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds