New shipping issue since update, major.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #293194

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.walttools.com/product-categories/checkout/task-show/cid-2
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : ?
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : since joomlah update, orders with more than one item get this message at checkout. "

1Address
2Shipping
3Cart
4Payment
5End

The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods"

Now any orders with multiple pieces get the error - The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods - ups plugin appears to be correct, unchanged from prior to update. UPS Plugin is set to calculate orders up to 500 lbs, group or NO group packages does not fix. Many abandoned carts and angry customer calls due to this. The products all have weights. I have a generic freight plugin enabled for 300 plu pounds because I do alot of heavy stuff. But if the weigth is only combined to 200 lbs, no ups shipping. Single packages still okay.
Anyone see this yet on their system?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 10 months ago #293247

Hello,

The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods

Having the following error message means that your issue is coming from the "Minimum weight" option that you have set through your Shipping method configuration page.

If your still having your issue after checking that option through your shipping methods configuration page, can you show us how you configured :
- your shipping methods
- products dimensions/weight that are on you cart during your tests

Thank you.

5 years 9 months ago #293475

I have tried both minimum weight as zero or one pound. Neither fixes the problem. It only happens when there are multiple items so I tried grouping and not grouping, with both minimum weights. No fix. This problem started right after the last update so it should not be a config issue since that was already established and the error was never present. The only change was the update.
Let me know what else you need to see or I can let somebody look at the config specifically.

Since I wrote the above, I have even removed ups restrictions so weight is not in play. Not fixed.

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by walttools.

5 years 9 months ago #293482

I played more with items on my cart. It is just bizarre. Some combos work, some do not. The products used were configured properly. A combined weight of 120 works. 145 does not. 160 works. 170 does not. There is shipping configured from 1 pound to 10000 pounds. I decided to add another manual freight option from 125 to 300 lb since I do not get errors over 300 lb or under 125lbs. I will have to fix shipping cost for every transaction but at least they may be able to complete an order and not have to get frustrated and call.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by walttools.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 9 months ago #293533

Hello,

Can you show us through some screenshots how you configured :
- Shipping methods with which you are having issues
- Products dimensions/weight that are on you cart during your tests

So that we can reproduce it on our end and understand your issue ?

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds