update hikashop 3.4.0 error message in e-commerce

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #294045

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.co-fer.it
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5.21
-- PHP version -- : 5.2.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /web/htdocs/www.co-fer.it/home/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/pagination.php on line 263

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in /web/htdocs/www.co-fer.it/home/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/pagination.php on line 263

Hi, I installed hikashop 3.4.0 as recommended and just done, all done well with success, but as soon as I go to e-commerce I get the error message:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /web/htdocs/www.co-fer.it/home/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/pagination.php on line 263

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in /web/htdocs/www.co-fer.it/home/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/pagination.php on line 263

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 10 months ago #294048

Hi,

It looks like that file was not extracted properly and is not complete.
Extract the install package of HikaShop 3.4.0 and copy the file back/helpers/pagination.php from the package over that file (via FTP for example).
Then, it will work properly.

5 years 10 months ago #294120

Hello
and thanks for the welcome reply, I did as indicated and unfortunately does not work the same, I then made a copy of the whole folder HELPERS but does not work the same
Hello

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 10 months ago #294121

Hi,

Then maybe you have other missing files.
Rename the folders administrator/components/com_hikashop/ and components/com_hikashop/ via FTP and install again the HikaShop install package.
That will put back all the files and it should help.

5 years 10 months ago #294138

Hello
I have also uninstalled the Hikashop 3.4.0 component and installed it again, but unfortunately it always gives me the same error message:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII = 92) state = 1 in /web/htdocs/www.co-fer.it/home/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/pagination.php on line 263

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in /web/htdocs/www.co-fer.it/home/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/pagination.php online 263

while I then installed the old version of Hikashop 2.6.4 and everything works smoothly again.

Hello

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 10 months ago #294140

Hello,

I think that Nicolas missed some elements in your first message.
Like the fact that you're using Joomla 1.5 and PHP 5.2.

Please understand that HikaShop drop the support of Joomla 1.5 one year ago.
The latest HikaShop version to really support Joomla 1.5 is HikaShop 2.6.4.

But, more than that, your PHP version is way too old to support the minimum requirements of Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x.
So your PHP version do not understand "namespace" content, which is used in Joomla 3.x and that we have to use in the pagination helper just to allow pagination to work in Joomla 3.

You should really upgrade your hosting PHP version if you want to update HikaShop.
Otherwise, please use old version which would work with Joomla 1.5.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 10 months ago #294166

Hello, thanks, surely it is time to update the whole site ..... I hope to do it.

THANK YOU to you and Nicolas for your valuable advice.

you are great

HELLO

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds