Issues with PayPal payment

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 9 months ago #295893

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10

I'm setting up a store that takes payments via cheque and PayPal.

Currently, purchases with both payment methods send a notification email to the admins when the order is created. For PayPal payments, no notification is sent when the PayPal transaction is completed.

What we'd like it to do:

• For cheque payments, email when the order is created, as it currently does
  • For PayPal payments, only email when the PayPal payment is completed

Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295917

Hello,

For cheque payments, email when the order is created, as it currently does
For PayPal payments, only email when the PayPal payment is completed

You should actually get an email for every order status change with the "Order administrator notification", can you check that your order status correctly changed after the paypal payment ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #295942

No, order status did not change.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 8 months ago #295955

Hi,

If the orders status is not changed to "confirmed" after the payment, then it means that HikaShop doesn't receives the payment notification from PayPal.
This can happen for a lot of reasons.
Please follow this documentation to find the issue:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

5 years 8 months ago #296076

As far as I can tell, none of those issues are relevant... any other suggestions, or am I going to have turn on debugging and try that instead?

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by holdsworthdesign.

5 years 8 months ago #296077

Hi,

Yes, turn on the debug setting of the plugin, do a payment and look at the payment log file, as explained in the link I gave.

5 years 8 months ago #296125

So I have to fix the problem myself? With the "business" version of the extension? I understood that by buying the business version, I would get real support, and not just links to the documentation...

5 years 8 months ago #296142

Hi,

Support is to handle and fix bugs when you report any and answer your questions on how to use or setup HikaShop. It's not about fixing the way your website is configured or setting it up for you.
Here, it is not a bug. The PayPal plugin doesn't receive the payment notification from PayPal. It's either an issue with how you setup the plugin or your website or your server.
The procedure explained in the link I gave allows you to check the most common things that it could be, or tell you how to get the necessary logs so that we can tell you what is the problem. Note that if we had to do it for you, you would have to provide:
- a link to the shop
- detailed instructions to be able to reproduce the issue (make a payment through PayPal without using our own money)
- provide access to the backend to check payment log file
- provide access to the SSH / cpanel (or whatever method) to get access to the access log of your server.
It would be faster and easier if you would do that yourself. It's just about making a test payment and providing the logs.
Then, we can analyse them and tell you our conclusions on the issue. I didn't ask you to fix the problem yourself.

5 years 8 months ago #296183

Okay, I figured out how to enable PayPal's sandbox mode (thanks for including instructions on how to do that!), enabled debug mode, and made a purchase from the store.

Here's the contents of the log:

[Moderator : Don't post any elements that can give access references of your site or paypal account, it's dangerous for your website, thanks for your attention.]

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Philip.

5 years 8 months ago #296184

I just checked the buyer's account to see what showed up there, and it's just showing up as a temporary authorization and not confirming the transaction actually happened. It's not just an issue that the payment is getting marked as confirmed, but the payment isn't even happening.

It's odd that it's such a challenge to set up Hikashop this time around; we have set up stores for other clients in the same (or very similar) hosting environments and never had any issues like this.

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 8 months ago #296208

Hello,

I process some tests and so far, it seems that for a reason or another your payment status is pending... So from this it's normal that your order don't mute to Confirmed and that you don't have email notification.

Now the point is to understand why Paypal respond with a pending payment status... The response is in our Paypal documentation the Enable authorization mode option is set to yes, and so your order awaiting a manual validation on your Paypal merchant account, everything is normal.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

5 years 8 months ago #296239

Thank you for pointing us in the right direction. (Not for solving the issue, mind you, but just for assisting with the process.)

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 8 months ago #296248

Hello,

Just to be sure that everything is clear, if you set the "Enable authorization mode" to No, your orders will be automatically confirmed by Paypal and so in your HikaShop Webshop as well, and so in our mind this will solve your issue.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds