• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296418

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.militaryplaques.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi

We are having a lot of problems with sh404Sef and Hikashop.

Joomla and all components are up to date.

We have been working on this for nearly 2 weeks but cannot find a good solution.

Our current configuration has the problem that bots are 'finding' URLs for products in all categories (and generating 404s) even though the product is only listed in 1 or 2 categories.

This results in Google giving us 404 warnings and many 1,000's of 404's daily

Can you please advise on the correct sh404sef settings for the current version of Hikashop

I have also raised the ticket with Weeblr

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
5 years 8 months ago #296430

Hi,

Could it be that the "canonical URL" that you have entered in your products is wrong ?
In that case, the crawlers will try ot crawl these canonical URLs as you advertise them as being the main URLs of your product pages.

Besides that I don't see.
If the URL generates a 404, I suppose it's because sh404SEF didn't generate it and if sh404SEF didn't SEF (generate) it, it means that HikaShop didn't ask for that URL to be SEFed (generated). So that would mean that neither HikaShop not sh404SEF has any knowledge of these URLs and thus they would have been generated by something else on the website. Maybe a third party products display module ? Are you aware of something like that on your website ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds