products gone

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #296694

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome

Dear mr/mrs,

I have seen that after the last updates of joomla the products can't be seen anymore,
therefor I checkedif everything update to date buth I was lacking behind in several updates.
But now that everything should be in sync I can't get my products seen anymore which where placed in the categories.
Cab you inform which setting is change to view the products again.
I made a test products and even that one will not popup on the screen In my current setup of my page.
I didn't really find a solution in the forums.
Can you inform me what to do?

With kind regards ,
edwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 8 months ago #296705

Same here!!!

After yesterday night update of Joomla (3.8.8 > 3.8.11) products are not showing inside categories in frontend anyomre (then only show up inside "Discounted items" and "Show all products" cateogries)! This has affected three independant webshops that I've installed.

I just checked backend, and everything seems to be fine there - all products still has categories assigned to them. They are simply missing from frontend! Please try to replicate this issue and give us some bugfix for this as soon as possible.

EDIT:

I found this fix posted by Jerome and I'm trying to apply it now:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-8-9-10-upgrade.html

EDIT 2: Fixed the issue!
I followed the steps mentioned in the topic above, and while I couldn't replicate steps 3 and 4 (I have hikashop 3.2.1, and it seems that there are no such lines inside mentioned files), but after adding changes mentioned in steps 1 and 2, now all products are showing up again! Is it critical that I couldn't do the steps 3 and 4?

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Savickis.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #296706

Hello,

If you have correctly downloaded and installed the last Hikashop version but you're still having that issue, then it's probably coming from the fact that you have views overrides

You'll find more information about it through that thread :
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-upgrade.html#294471

I followed the steps mentioned in the topic above, and while I couldn't replicate steps 3 and 4 (I have hikashop 3.2.1, and it seems that there are no such lines inside mentioned files), but after adding changes mentioned in steps 1 and 2, now all products are showing up again! Is it critical that I couldn't do the steps 3 and 4?

Yes as these modifications were based on last Hikashop versions, and the steps 3 & 4 are used to properly load products.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 8 months ago #296720

Mohamed - how crucial it is to purchase Hikashop licence again in order to update to 3.4.x now, or could I wait for a few months and then ask the clients to pay for update then? You see - I still have warranty period for the shops that I depolyed running, and if I will ask clients to pay those 120Eur for licence now, they will make me pay for their updates, as they consider that as a part of support and maintenance... When the warranty period will be over, I will have a legit reson ask them to pay for it.

So I was wondering, is it crucial to upgrade Hikashop as soon as possible to the newest version? As mentioned previously, clients are now using 3.2.1.

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Savickis.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 8 months ago #296722

Hi,

Well, if the patches you added fix your issue for now, then you can wait to update.
There are no security fixes since the 3.2.1 and besides that display issue introduced by Joomla 3.8.9 there's no other issue to use Joomla.
You don't have to do each and every update. It's nice to do them once in a while, like twice a year for example. But especially do them when there are security fixes ( in such case, you should do the update as soon as you learn about it to avoid any possibility of hacking ) or patchs for the latest version of Joomla.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds