Approved Templates for Hikashop?

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 7 months ago #297007

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Just wondering if there are any templates that are approved / endorsed by yourselves as I am now stuck with an outdated template that is no longer being updated and I can't update Hikashop because it causes too many formatting issues, nor can I use the new checkout system for the same reason.

I saw your page with a list of hikashop templates but I suspect this is just a list of template providers you have collected and you have no association with them?
www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
5 years 7 months ago #297009

Hi,

This is a list of templates that claim themselves as made for HikaShop. Which means that they have customized the views of the frontend of HikaShop or at least added some CSS code specific to HikaShop so that the frontend of HikaShop looks better with the layout/colors of the template and in some cases, they even add effects or display features.
However, you can use HikaShop with any Joomla templates, not only the ones listed there.
There is good and bad for templates made for HikaShop. The good part is that usually the frontend of HikaShop looks better, or at least better integrated with the template style. The bad part is that it requires the template provider to keep updating the template so that when we make major changes to HikaShop's frontend, they update the customization they have in the template or it leads to errors, malfunctions, etc.
When I make a website with Joomla, I personally prefer to use a template not made for a specific extension and that doesn't have too much bells and whistles. Both leads to issues with future updates. I prefer using a simple template and then add my own CSS / customization.

5 years 6 months ago #297415

Thanks Nicolas. So if I decide to add a new template, what would your advice be in regards to installing it? Would it be better to export all my products etc... and re-install after using the templates own installer so I get all the features they usually offer? Or try to just install the template on it's own and then some of the modules and have to customize it? Thanks

5 years 6 months ago #297420

Hi,

I would personnally just install the template on the website and then configure some hidden menu item (with the access level setting of the menu item) I could assign to that template and use that hidden menu item to access it so that I could configure the different elements the way I want for the new template. Then, when I'm ready, I would modify the default template, enable the menu items and modules I need as public access and disable the ones I don't need for the new template.
That will be easier than having to migrate the data from your website to a new website.

5 years 6 months ago #297914

OK, so I have found a template and installed it, but it looks awful without having to spend ages configuring it to look like the demo, so I am going to attempt to export the hikashop products, categories, related products and images, then install the quickstart template, then re-import the hikashop data. I have the luxury of a test site so I can take my time.

I have read through your import guide here ... www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/73-hikashop-import.html but it is not very clear to me how to go about this.

One thing to mention is that my test site is on the same server as the main site so I could pull all the data and images from this site.

Can you please provide a bit of guidance on the best way to achieve what I need to.

Thank you in advance.

5 years 6 months ago #297938

Hi,

If you want to migrate all the data, I would recommend doing it via phpmyadmin.
You would export all the tables with hikashop_ and import them on your new website and then install the latest version of HikaShop on top so that it can detect the data and use it.
Note that you'll have to change the prefix of the tables before importing if the prefix is not the same than the one on your old website.
For the images, they are stored in images/com_hikashop/upload/ so you can copy them via FTP from your old website to your local computer and then from your local computer to your new website in the same folder.

The following user(s) said Thank You: serbofleconcepts

5 years 6 months ago #297956

Thanks Nicolas. What about the users? Do I need to also include the joomla users table?

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 6 months ago #297957

Hello,

Sure, if you have customers you'll also need the Joomla user table and maybe some other Joomla table (for Joomla ACL etc).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds