Can't stop redirection to cart

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 6 months ago #298502

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 69.0.3497.100

I am upgrading from 3.5.1 to 3.8.12. I have tried upgrading a number of times in the past but there were so many small bugs that needed to be sorted out that I always gave up. But I am trying again.

I have worked out the legacy cart button issue so the add-to-cart buttons now work, but when I click on a product it takes me to the cart, whereas I want to stay on the product page. I have the necessary plugins and components active. Is there some other setting that I need to change?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 6 months ago #298513

Hi,

Please make sure that the "HikaShop cart notification" plugin is activated in the Joomla plugins manager.
Also, it seems that the file "cart" of the view "product" was customized with code from an old version of HikaShop. Because of that, the cart module isn't refreshed dynamically after the add to cart.
I would recommend renaming the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php in order to deactivate that customization and add it back to the new version of that view file via the menu Display>Views of HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 6 months ago #298548

Thanks Nicolas - that plugin is activated.
Yes, there were a lot of customisations - I built this site years ago for a client and a can't really remember everything I did.
It sounds like it will be a big job to track it all down and redo it - we may just have to live with an old version of Hikashop.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds