Migration of orders from 2.6.4

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298589

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1

Hello,
I'm in the process of updating a clients site from the version 2.6.4 release to now the 3.5.1 release (although I'm now going to have to go to version 4!).

I initially cloned the existing site to a development URL whilst I carried out the update and completed the new and updated template view customisations to keep the fronted looking the same.

I'm now in a position to make this site live but I need to migrate across the orders that have been completed on the live site since the cloned site was taken.

Is this simply a case of using phpMyAdmin and exporting the live website database tables and then overwriting the development site? What I don't want to loose however are the updated configuration settings from the cloned site. Could I just export the certain database tables that deal with customers and orders? If so what tables do i need to export?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 6 months ago #298590

Hi,

You could export/import the tables: hikashop_order, hikashop_order_product, hikashop_address, hikashop_history and hikashop_user.
You'll have to use the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration to add the new columns in these tables after you migrate them to the new website.
Note however that for the user accounts in Joomla, it's the table users, but if the version of Joomla is not the same, you might have some issue with that that you'll have to deal with. If you don't migrate the users table, the orders will be seen as made in "guest" mode and the new users won't be able to use their user account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds