Send shipping email to different Address

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 5 months ago #298686

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.0

Hi

We sell a lot of digital items in the form of e-books but from time to time we receive an order for an item where the client specifically requests that we send a printed copy instead, the problem is that due to this not happening that often we tend to miss some of these orders as we are used to the fact that once the order has been placed and paid the system automatically gives the user access so we tend to ignore many of the order emails that come in.

I would like to know if there is a way to set up the system so that if a specific shipping method is selected the system sends a specific email to us that immediately alerts us to the fact that it is an item that needs to be shipped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 5 months ago #298690

Hi,

There is no option like that.
With some customization code it should be possible.
However, I would recommend looking at HikaMarket Multivendor:
www.hikashop.com/hikamarket-multi-vendor.html
If you assign the printed products to a vendor, then the vendor will receive a notification for the orders with these products. And thus you can specify the email address you want for that vendor.

5 years 5 months ago #299120

Hi Nicolas

What about the warehouse function, surely there must be some way to send an email to a specific warehouse or Department.

5 years 5 months ago #299125

Hi,

There is no such function. The warehouse system is mainly to be able to have different shipping methods for different warehouses.
With the development of a custom plugin you could surely do it, but in that case I would recommend going with HikaMarket. It would cost the same or cheaper than the development of a plugin by a third party developer.

5 years 5 months ago #299190

Hi Nicolas

I have managed to get it working I created a Mass Action to send an email if the shipping amount payable is greater than zero.

My next question now is if I use the mass Action to send the message, is there some way of adding the Order Number to the body of the mail that it sends

5 years 5 months ago #299195

Hi,

There is no system to be able to add order data in a mass action email.
That's why I talked about these other possibilities.
But you could add then by adding custom code in the preload and HTML versions of the email when editing it via the menu System>Emails. Again, that would require a developer to work on that, which will be more expensive than using HikaMarket I'm afraid.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds