Do I have to enter the shipping address when it is equal to the billing address?

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 5 months ago #299434

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome (latest)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a

I did create my billing address via the Hikashop Account page. In this page there is an option to also create a shipping address but for this test I did not use that. because most customers will use the same shipping address as their billing address.
At checkout (still logged in) I was prompted for the shipping address. At the bottom of the form there is a check for 'use the same adrress as the billing address' but I cannot proceed without filling in the form.

I see that when I would have registered in the checkout page there is an option to check the addres as both shipping and billing address. I did not see this when registring in the account page. Did I miss something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 5 months ago #299436

Hi,

Normally, if you have the "use the same adrress as the billing address" checkbox checked, you don't have to enter the shipping address after that.
Could you provide a link to the shop with precise instructions to reproduce the issue ?

5 years 5 months ago #299454

Hi Nicolas,

The link to the testsite is pa5dl.com/testlw (It is a test for luizink-werktuigen.nl)

Reproduction of the issue:

1. Go to 'Uw Acount' (top menu)

2. Create new account.

3. Confirm the mail link for the newly created account and Log in.

4. Under Adresses create a new Billing address (factuuradres).
Would it be an option to copy the Billing address to the Shipping address here?

5. Order a product (Grondbewerking/Kilverbord KB125) and proceed to checkout.

6. Now I am prompted for a new shipping address. At the bottom there is a checkbox (Address is equal to Billing address) but when I click Ok or Proceed (Volgende) I am prompted for the fields in the Shipping address.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 5 months ago #299476

Hello,

A solution can be to publish and use the "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop" plugin so that your customers will already have an shipping / billing address just after registering.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

The following user(s) said Thank You: bp54

5 years 5 months ago #299511

Sorry Mohamed, this is not a solution.
Maybe I was not clear in what I want.

When a customers billing address and shipping address are the same there should not be any reason to enter both addresses. Only checking the 'use same address for shipping' should be enough.
As far as I see this does not work in Hikashop 4.0 and enabling the plugin also does not solve this issue for me.

BTW did you follow the steps i gave to reproduce the issue> The plugin has been enabled now.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by bp54. Reason: Added a few lines

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 5 months ago #299565

Hi,

I did try to reproduce the problem on your website a few minutes ago but I couldn't.
Now that the plugin is enabled, when I register on your website, it goes through the HikaShop registration form which already has an address form and that address form automatically creates an address that will be both a billing and a shipping address.
So then, step 4 of your instructions becomes non applicable as I already have the addresses filled:
monosnap.com/file/jDhoC9FZAhZd0doTR1IZxR8BMuEqM1
And then, after step 5, I directly arrive to this page:
monosnap.com/file/C5c1LeyDQe8w5LhJ7CM4JjXRjCpkAa
So again, it is non applicable as I already have both a billing and a shipping address prefilled.

To me, what Mohamed proposed does fix the problem you had. But maybe I'm missing something ?

Now, regarding the possibility to have a checkbox to use a new billing address also as a shipping address and vice versa on the address manager of the user control panel of HikaShop, like there is on the address selector of the checkout, that's a good idea of improvement. However, I can't consider this as an issue.

Note though that I've seen an issue with your template which hides the checkboxes on your website:
monosnap.com/file/qt5tUFOi7EYwaXh9rt5sXLlNmbmndH
So because of CSS in the template, the checkboxes are not visible which can be quite problematic.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bp54

5 years 5 months ago #299567

Hi Nicolas and Mohamed, thank you both for your great support. It was my own stupid fault. I checked it with an already created account. Now when i create a new account, everything is fine.
Thanks also for the css hint of the hidden checkbox. I resolved it now.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds