Product image dupplicated during import

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 2 months ago #302501

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Latest

Hi! We need to refresh our inventory once a day so everyday, we import all our products in order to refresh the data. Product images are imported as well at the same time. The images need to be imported everyday because there is frequent changes. The problem is that all product now have about 4 times the same images so I guess images are not updated but simply added.
Is it possible to update images instead during import or to flush all images in the database before every import.
Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 2 months ago #302545

Hi,

We need more information to be able to say anything.
How do you do the import ? Mass action ? manual import ? HikaShop product cron update plugin ?
And how did you configure the mass action / import / plugin ?
Could you provide an extract of your CSV ?

5 years 2 months ago #302580

Good morning.
Here are the answers to your questions: How do you do the import ? Mass action ? manual import ? HikaShop product cron update plugin ?
I go in Hikashop, Products, Import.
And how did you configure the mass action / import / plugin ?
I choose my csv file (attached) and I choose "yes" to all settings except for "Update the product quantity instead of replacing it". I think I also tried the "yes" for this question.

Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #302825

Good morning. Any news?

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 2 months ago #302843

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a smaller sample file (with one or two products) and more details about the test you're doing ?
Such as information about the product before AND after the import.
So we will be able to understand what is the source of the problem. Otherwise I'm afraid that there is a huge amount of data and we can't find anything into.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 2 months ago #302891

Sure! You will find attached a sample file (extraction from the bigger one).

Basically, the data comes from another system for inventory management. Once a day, a crystal report is produced with a filtered product list. This report has been programmed especially to be imported in Hikashop so all columns have been already named the right way and the data are formatted correctly as well (at least I presume). The csv file is produced from the crystal report and then imported in Hikashop the way I explained earlier.

As the number of image is growing, I was wondering if the problem could come from the fact that every entry in the csv file for the same product to reflect every prices mentioned the file name (the same file name).

Feel free to ask for a backend access if you need to. Just let me know the best way to send you this info.

Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #302923

Hi,

So is the number of images growing in the folder where the images are stored or in the products themselves in the backend ? Or both ?
Could you provide a screenshot of a product settings before and after the import ?

5 years 2 months ago #302929

The number of images is not growing in the folder only in the database. You will find enclosed a screen capture for the product settings.

Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #302933

Hi,

Ok, and if you edit each image (when you click on one a popup should appear), do they have the exact same information ? A different file name ?

5 years 1 month ago #303310

They are identical.

5 years 1 month ago #303322

Hi,

I see in your CSV file that what you have in the images column is the full URL of the image, like for example www.bboxsolutions.com/images/com_hikasho...d/1200_0925_0925.jpg
Supposing that www.bboxsolutions.com is your website URL, it's better to just have 1200_0925_0925.jpg in that column.
Because otherwise, HikaShop has to download each image to check it against the images already on your website to see if it needs to store it again or can already use the one on the website.
Maybe there is an issue with the checking process, but since the images are already in the upload folder of HikaShop, you can just specify the filename in your CSV. That will make the import a lot faster, and that might even prevent the issue you have now. Could you make that change and try again ?

5 years 1 month ago #303347

Sure ! I will check that this morning and I will let you know. In the meantime. Is it possible to clean up the database by deleting all products at once in order to start all over ?

5 years 1 month ago #303354

Hi,

You can empty the table hikashop_file via your phpmyadmin in order to remove all the images and files of products and categories.
But you might need to keep the ones for categories so you'll want to run a delete MySQL query with a condition to not remove the entries with the file_ref_type equal to "category".

4 years 10 months ago #306324

I have had the same problem when I tried to import csv to Hikashop. I could not find any tool that is good enough for me to ease this process :(

4 years 10 months ago #306326

HikaShop has to download each image to check it against the images already on your website to see if it needs to store it again or can already use the one on the website.Hikashop migration help me a lot to import all products when i migrate Litextension CSV files to Hikashop

4 years 10 months ago #306325

Hi,

It will be hard to help you without more information.
Which version of HikaShop are you using ?
And could you provide a copy of the CSV you're using ?

If you want another tool to import CSV to HikaShop, you have CSV improved which supports HikaShop:
csvimproved.com/support/export/233-hikashop

4 years 10 months ago #306452

I have faced to this problem when I import csv to Hikasho, It really hard to find a good way to resolve it

4 years 10 months ago #306459

Hi,

It will be hard to help you without more information.
Which version of HikaShop are you using ?
And could you provide a copy of the CSV you're using ?

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds