Ordering

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 3 months ago #302644

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 10.0.2

www.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits page, the user bypasses the descriptions and goes right to checkout if they click on “Choose Options” but they are able to view the full product info if they click the photograph of the item above the choose options button.
This is skipping the required field for Testing Location Address*.

Currently “choose options” goes here: www.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits/checkout and that’s wrong, it jumps a step.
Can you make the link for both clicking the photo and “choose options” go to the same place: www.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits...adon-test-kit-2-pack (this is where clicking the photo currently goes for 2-pack)

And so on… repaeat for 3-pack, 4-pack and 5-pack with the respective links for 3-pack, 4-pack, and 5-pack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 3 months ago #302656

Hello,

Can you switch to a default template like ProtoStar ? Does this solve your issue or not ?
Check that you haven't any override view on your listing view as well, see this tutorial to learn more about override view.
Awaiting news from you to move forward on your subject.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Philip.

5 years 3 months ago #302747

Hello:

You do realize that when I switch from the custom template I'm using to the ProtoStar on the live site that it will create so many issues and make a mess of the current design. So the bottom line is I'm not switching any templates. In fact that's not the problem.

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove full message quote

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 3 months ago #302759

Hi,

The switching of the template is to check whether or not you have the problem with the default template or not. Not a solution.
It's just a temporary thing you can do for 2 minutes, or event better, do on a copy of the website so that you don't impact your live website at all.
It's indeed possible that it comes from a view override in the template leading to that error.
Alternatively, you could try renaming the folder template/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ to deactivate all the view overrides on the products from your template and see if you still have the issue. If not, it means that the issue comes from one of the files in that folder. Otherwise, I would recommend updating your HikaShop as it's a really old one now. It's not even fully compatible with Joomla 3.9.x. You're lucky that it doesn't break.
With the new HikaShop, and the "add to cart legacy" setting turned off in the HikaShop configuration, as long as you don't have a view override on the add to cart system, this problem cannot happen.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302771

The choose options button is actually an add to cart button with altered text, so depending on your configuration it will either update the cart or add it to the cart and open the checkout form.

If you set the add to cart to no in product features display, the button will be gone and you need to create a new one that will link to the product page.

Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #302774

I don't think you understand the problem.

Go to this page
www.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits

Then scroll down a bit to you see the CHOOSE OPTIONS buttons under each product. When you click them they go to this page

www.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits/checkout

This is incorrect, it jumps a step.

When the CHOOSE OPTIONS button is clicked it's supposed to go to this page
www.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits...adon-test-kit-2-pack
before going to

I need to put the step back in that's being skipped over.

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove useless quotes

5 years 3 months ago #302776

Go to - radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits
Then click on Buy 2 Pack or 3 Pack in the top section. As you'll see those go to
radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits/product/1-home-radon-test-kit-2-pack
This is what should happen.
The problem is that when you click on the CHOOSE OPTIONS buttons or the picture just above it you go to this page
radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits/checkout
Its skipping over a page and it shouldn't.

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove useless quotes

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302785

Please take a look at the highlighted text in the image, this represent your "Choose options" button, it's a cart input button. The normal text would be Buy now. If you click the image you go to your product page and can select the Testing Location Address.

Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #302788

You're not following me as to what's wrong. Attached is a screen shot from the page. When any of the buttons that say Buy 2-Pack, Buy 3-Pack, Buy 4-Pack, Buy 5-Pack those take you to the appropriate page depending on how many you want to buy.
www.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits...adon-test-kit-3-pack
All that is good and what's supposed to happen.

The issue is when you click on the Choose Options buttons (blue arrow) they take you to this page
That's not where the Choose Options is supposed to link to. Its supposed to link to the same place the Buy (red arrow) go to depending on the quantity you want.

Do you see the difference in the two URL's and what's on the two pages?

I need to change the links for the Choose Options buttons (blue arrow) so they go to the same place as the Buy buttons (red arrow) go to.

EnerW wrote: Please take a look at the highlighted text in the image, this represent your "Choose options" button, it's a cart input button. The normal text would be Buy now. If you click the image you go to your product page and can select the Testing Location Address.

Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #302790

As you see mine is set to Yes. In your screen shot its set to No. Why?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 3 months ago #302806

Hi,

The "choose option" doesn't work properly on your pages because there are extra \ characters in the onclick attribute of the button, as you can see on the screenshot you posted.
This happens either:
- because of a customization of a view override
- an old bug in the view displaying the button, that we fixed since
In any case, updating HikaShop and turning off the "add to cart legacy" setting as I said in my previous message will fix the problem.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302812

Yes I am talking about the "Blue arrow" part, it's an add to cart button, not a normal link as the "Red arrow" part. Just set the add to cart to No and see if the "Blue arrow" part button is gone and check if you can still order on the product page.

If that's all working create an link like the "Red arrow" part to go inplace of the "Blue arrow" part button.

Please note that this is an old version of Hikashop Business (2.6.0) as Nicolas states try to update.

Not sure if the turning off the "add to cart legacy" setting is present in your, older, version of Hikashop

5 years 3 months ago #302822

Go to dev.radata.com/radon/buy-radon-test-kits This is the Dev / testing site. I've turned off the Add to Cart in the Menu per your screen shot. Clicking on any of the 4 Buy buttons takes you to a different page then clicking on the Choose Options buttons. So turning off the Add to Cart in the Menu doesn't fix anything.

EnerW wrote: Yes I am talking about the "Blue arrow" part, it's an add to cart button, not a normal link as the "Red arrow" part. Just set the add to cart to No and see if the "Blue arrow" part button is gone and check if you can still order on the product page.

If that's all working create an link like the "Red arrow" part to go inplace of the "Blue arrow" part button.

Please note that this is an old version of Hikashop Business (2.6.0) as Nicolas states try to update.

Not sure if the turning off the "add to cart legacy" setting is present in your, older, version of Hikashop

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302828

Did you turn it off for the hikashop_category_information_menu_341 ?

If not the buttons will still be there, if yes then I do not know were you did create the add to cart buttons.

5 years 3 months ago #302895

EnerW wrote: Did you turn it off for the hikashop_category_information_menu_341 ?
I have no idea where to find that.

If not the buttons will still be there, if yes then I do not know were you did create the add to cart buttons.

I don't want to remove the Choose Options buttons. I want the link behind the Choose Options buttons to go to the same place the Buy buttons (top third of the page) go to.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds