related products

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 2 months ago #303365

Hello,

I am trying to create a second group of related products.

I have a main group of related products already, which are the standard related products. I would like to create a second group of products which are compatible with the initial product, but I do not want to mix them with the main related group of products.

I would be grateful for any help I can get.

It is a little complicated to explain. I attached an image. you can see on the image : the related products are the straps originally released with this particular watch model. I want to create a second group of realted products, for straps which can fit this particular model of watch, but which were not released with the original model.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Cheers!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 2 months ago #303368

Hi,

There is no way to have another group of related products.
However, what you could do is create unpublished categories one per watch, add these categories to the strap products (you can have several categories for each product).
Then, create modules of the type HikaShop content module via the Joomla module manager, one per unpublished category in order to display the products of the category.
Then, you'll have to restrict each module to the corresponding product. With Advanced modules manager, you can easily do that in the settings of the module. Otherwise, you could for example add a loadmodule tag in the description of the product:
www.joomlashack.com/blog/joomla/loadposition-loadmodule/
Or you could add it also with some coding in a view override of the product page layout (to have better control on where on the page it would display but it requires knowing PHP ):
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

The following user(s) said Thank You: lyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds