A Couple of Questions concerning FB

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #18680

1.) The social plugin included seems to be working ok however, after clicking "like" when I checked FB it doesn't display a photo of the product. Instead it shows the first image from the site's image gallery.

2.) I have a plugin "Auto Facebook" which auto publishes all new articles to my sites FB page. I was curious if you could add the feature to enable or disable auto-publish for products? This would be very useful to all who take advantage of social marketing.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
12 years 10 months ago #18694

1/ We didn't had that problem in our tests and it seems to be working fine for others. Did you setup your application id in the plugin ? Could you give a link to your page ?

2/ I've had a quick look at the auto facebook plugin:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-...l-auto-publish/10776
It shouldn't be too much work to modify it as a hikashop plugin instead of a content plugin and implement the onAfterProductCreate(&$element) and onAfterProductUpdate(&$element) method of our API www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html in order to achieve the same functionality.

12 years 10 months ago #18759

1) I have tried multiple ID's, I tried the stores ID on FB, My admin acct ID on FB. Neither of them added the picture when shared on FB. www.dalesestateliquidation.com is the site I am working on. HikaShop is under the menu item New Store.

2) Not quite sure how to go about doing this, I'll tinker around a bit and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the quick response. :)

12 years 10 months ago #18760

1/ You can look on that thread for more information on that : www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...on-facebook-how.html

12 years 10 months ago #18762

On line 189 in autofacebook.php I noticed this:

/**
* Run the plugin when onAfterContentSave is triggered
*/
function onAfterContentSave( &$article, $isNew )

If I add a line and change it to this, would this be the correct way to add this function?

/**
* Run the plugin when onAfterContentSave is triggered
*/
function onAfterContentSave( &$article, $isNew )
function onAfterProductCreate( &$element, $isNew )

Also, I put in the application ID for the social networking plugin and now it's sending the photo along with the product info and link.

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by dan c..

12 years 10 months ago #18765

I said it shouldn't be too much work, but you still need to dev some stuff, not juste change the name of a function :)
Otherwise, I would have done it myself and sent it on the forum to you.

You have the change the whole content of that function as the articles in joomla and the products in hikashop don't have the same structure and the same functions. So it still requires that you know what you're doing in PHP.

12 years 10 months ago #18767

:laugh: I figured out that there was more to it then this when I tried to access it, ahh i'm such a noob. Everybody has to start somewhere though. :) It's not really that important to have this feature included in my shop. It seems like it would be a useful feature to add in at some point and time in either commercial or free versions.

12 years 10 months ago #18768

It's on the todo list :)

12 years 10 months ago #18771

That's great news Nicolas, I will be looking forward to this new feature. Thanks for your prompt replies and great support.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds