Joomla doesn't want to use canonical URL-s...

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #169751

1) I had a problem with canonical URLs in Joomla search result, what will be fixed in new HikaShop version - www.hikashop.com/forum/integrations/8707...search-function.html
2) But also I have a problem with Search Engines, which also indexing wrong (not canonical) URLs. While I don't have this URLs on site. All products were canonical URLs, before when I uploaded a new site on hosting. Thus it's a new URLs, which Google don't had in search index. Do you fix this problem too in new component version? Because it's not good for site rank in search engines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 7 months ago #169809

Hi,

1. The search results will use the canonical urls.
2. The search engines generally use the canonical urls, so if your products have canonicals that should be fine.
If you use the option to generate them automatically if they don't exist, you have to display all the possible listings on frontend in order to generate them.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #169836

2) I don't understand you about "option to generate them automatically" and what it doing with URLs.

This is "SEF url options":

What I must change here to use everywhere only full canonical URLs, which I have in field "Hikashop -> Products -> (some product) -> Canonical URL"?

For example, the field have value - /kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-list-cejlona/crni-caj-uva-70107.html
but Google indexing address without product category - /kolekcija-cajeva/crni-caj-uva-70107.html

or the field have value - /kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-kolekcija-knjiga/zeleni-caj-tea-book-volume-3-green-70289.html
but Google indexing some strange address - /kolekcija-cajeva/cid-117.html

P.S. I really don't understand where he's taking this URLs, which I don't have on web site or in site map? :dry:

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by neviqimka.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 years 7 months ago #169934

Hi,

If google has already indexed the wrong URLs and that you don't see them on your website, then there is nothing you can do in HikaShop/Joomla to have the correct URL.
You just have to wait that google reindexes your pages.
You're asking the same question as before and I already answered you the same before:
www.hikashop.com/forum/integrations/8704...rom-xmap.html#169449

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds