since Akeeba no longer supported

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 4 months ago #183711

HI,

Can someone tell me the best method to create product subscriptions since Akeeba is no longer supporting Akeeba subscriptions?

We will have products that will have a recurring payment and we are also interested in using an affiliate program.

thanks,
Pam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 4 months ago #183715

Hi,

For Akeeba Sub thread, see:
www.hikashop.com/forum/integrations/8655...be-discontinued.html

For subscription integration, see the section "integration" in our documentation (you will find akeeba and emerald):
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 4 months ago #183976

I am also interested in product subscriptions like "wine of the month club" or "cigar of the month club" etc. so people can subscribe and get tangible products delivered to them in the mail every month.

It seems akeeba and emerald are for digital access and not tangible subscriptions. Could you please elaborate on possible solutions for tangible product subscriptions to create a "month club" type system with HikaShop? Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 4 months ago #184009

They can also be used for tangible products. If a subscription system can handle the subscription to digital content, it can also handle the subscription to tangible products since it requires less functions (no need to handle access to content).

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
9 years 3 weeks ago #197252

Nicholas or Jerome,

I have a prospect who has a product/service where they want to charge a $150 non refundable deposit/down payment and then have 6 or 12 month charges for the balance. In addition, they want a 25 year plan where people would pay a fixed amount annually.

Finally, they want to create 'Moms' clubs where a mom can invite up to 5 friends who will be given a $40 discount up to a total of $200 for the group. I believe this can be accomplished using the access level but if they invited a friend to join, how can I segregate different groups automatically, MomGroupA, MomGroupB, etc? We could setup a separate coupon code for each group with a $40 discount and a quantity limit of 5. Would this be the best way to handle it? Just need some feedback on this point.

Luke

9 years 3 weeks ago #197271

Hi,

Yes, I also think that a coupon code per club with a quota of 5 and a value of 40 will be the best solution here.

9 years 3 weeks ago #197286

Thanks. Now how about my request? Any idea what the best way to do this would be?

I have a prospect who has a product/service where they want to charge a $150 non refundable deposit/down payment and then have 6 or 12 month charges for the balance. In addition, they want a 25 year plan where people would pay a fixed amount annually.

9 years 3 weeks ago #197298

There were no questions about that in your previous message, so I thought this part was just informative.

If the charges after the first one are to be automatic, it will require the use of Akeeba Subscriptions with the PayPal recurring payment plugin we've made for it.
Otherwise, both Akeeba Subscriptions or Emerald can be used. I would recommend Emerald so that you can get support from the developer when needed.
Basically, you would create the subscription plans in the subscription extension, and attach them to the products in HikaShop so that when someone purchase the product, he would have a new subscription attached to his account or an existing one renewed.
The PayPal Recurring would allow the renewal of the subscription automatically at the end of the subscription while otherwise, the subscription extension would sent notification emails to the customer so that he would renew manually by purchasing again the product.

9 years 3 weeks ago #197331

Nicholas,

Thanks. I believe that will work. I'll update the prospect and, if they want to proceed, I'll be purchasing the Business Edition as well as the Emerald integration.

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 2 weeks ago #197784

Hi
in the www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...a-subscriptions.html
if you click on the link of name "Akeeba Subscriptions" in the line
You must have HikaShop and Akeeba Subscriptions installed.
The link is return this page content
"""""""""

Oh, dear, we have a 404
Article not found
Please try one of the following pages:
Home Page
"""""""""""""""""""""""""
Could you update the documentation : link to old download or confirm Akkeba could not be use now and give some link to other thirs product that could be use instead . I see in JED that there is now many many extension for HKS !!!

Regard's

Attachments:

9 years 2 weeks ago #197812

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I've updated the link.

What other subscription systems are compatible with HikaShop ?

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds