Facebook Share Image problem

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #210443

-- HikaShop version -- : 1411011730
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.39
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all browsers

Hi
I am having problem with facebook share button from the Hikashop social integration plugin

All works fine, facebook share window pops up, product image is the same as on the product page, and link is fine too.

But then when I share to anyone on facebook the link is fine and works ok, but the product image has changed to a different image from my site not the one of the product that was originally in the link.

This happens every time on any product page & it always gets replaced with the same image which looks bad from a sharing point of view, I need people to see the product related to the link.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated, I have tried going through website template in case any image is set as a default facebook image, but maybe I am missing something obvious??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #210447

Ok so I think I've fixed this

Don't know quite how hikashop plugins are structured, but in my list is a Hikashop Social Networks Plugin & System - Hikashop Social Plugin

Looks like I needed to disable the first one & enable the System - Hikashop Social Plugin instead, that seems to have done the trick.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 7 months ago #210449

Hi,

See : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html

The Social Networks plugin has been moved from the content group to the system group in order to avoid caching display issues where the {hikashop_social} tag was not being replaced

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds