Google analytics plugin sending too many calls

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 9 months ago #245552

Hello,

We are trying to gt to work google analytic tracking plugin integrated with our business edition.
The are two problems that we cannot solve ourselves and couldn't find the solution on your forums.

1. it sends the sum of the order many times to google analytics. We have switched on the option *single submission* and waited for new orders but still some orders (not all of them) counting many times.

2. the other problem is that after we enabled the plugin our analytics started showing us the new warning "Bad Event Tracking Code" and as far as i noticed all direct calls submitted as a sessions in analytics, each one with single conversion. So basically it adds traffic(sessions) to our site that doesn't exists.

We bought business edition about 18 months ago and couldn't make the analytics work at that time as our standard edition was highly customized and we didn't want to update. Now we updated but run out of subscription. If you help us to get it work as it should we are fine to pay to update the subscription if this is a deal.

Would appreciate your support very much!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 9 months ago #245703

Hi,

Which HikaShop version number are you using ?
The Analytics plugin received various updates during the past months and having a reference point will help us to know what are these differences.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 9 months ago #245717

Hey Jerome,

We have HikaShop 2.6.1 but Google analytics plugin was installed about a year ago or so, it shows 2.3.5 version on manage plugins page.

Thank you!

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 9 months ago #245719

Hi,

One solution would be to extract the "plg_system_hikashopanalytics" from the HikaShop 2.6.1 package.
By creating a zip with just the content of that plugin you will be able to update it "manually" and get a more recent version.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 9 months ago #245776

Thank you. I'll try and report.

7 years 9 months ago #245792

Hello Jerome,

I have checked the files in /plugins/system/hikashopanalytics and see that they are identical with what i have in my installation package in HikaShop 2.6.1 (never mind the empty raws removed)

Do you mind sending us the latest plugin code to see if it fixes the problems reported?

Sorry, but are you sure the updates for analytic data collection were on plugin side only and no other component settings can influence the collection process? Once again, I'm ready to pay for the subscription update if it helps to fix it. Analytic plugin was the single reason why we bought business edition so would love to get it finally working.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds