Google Product Feed not showing <brand> & <gtin> attributes

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 2 months ago #261023

I'm trying to set up Google Shopping on my site and am running into a problem where the feed that is created by Hikashop does not show in the google-feed.xml file.

In the Hikashop Google Products Plugin i've got the 'Use products brand' tab set to yes and have brands set on individual products as well. The same goes for the gtin.

The feed is pulling everything else correctly including the mpn. So fixing either of the two above would solve the issue and get Shopping to list the products.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
7 years 2 months ago #261087

Hi,

Both work fine on our end.
So there is a problem with how you seting the plugin or the products.
Please provide a screenshot of the settings of your google products plugin and a screenshot of the settings of a product for which the gtin and brand tags are not added.

7 years 2 months ago #261129

Here are screenshots for both.

Here is what the google-feed.xml is generating for a random product minus some image links

<g:id>181</g:id>
<title>
<![CDATA[ Edged 9Ply Knotted SQ HDPE: 11m x 1.8m ]]>
</title>
<g:link>
<![CDATA[
http://www.haverford.com.au/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=181&name=edged-9-strand-knotted-sq-hdpe-11m-x-1-8m
]]>
</g:link>
<g:price>88 AUD</g:price>
<g:description>
<![CDATA[
&nbsp;
 This "pre-made" netting sheet features reinforced Polyester webbing along the 2 long edges. Webbing is also UV stabilised and has a width of 37.5mm.
 &nbsp;
 Our 9Ply High Density Polyethylene Knotted Netting is a 1st Grade, light weight, high strength netting suitable for permanent Bird Control installations. The 9Ply &amp; Black colour design ensures the netting is unobtrusive, and the high GSM ensures the netting is designed to last, even in&nbsp;trying environmental conditions.
 This netting is simple and efficient to work with. Being a square mesh design, it can significantly reduce installation times and labor costs. This netting won't pull or stretch in either direction, which allows for precise installations in warehouses and factories. It's hard wearing properties also make this netting an ideal choice for use as a permanent orchard Cover.
 Our Quatra branded 9ply HDPE square Mesh Knotted net is a leading product for specification into tenders and construction designs throughout Australia and New Zealand.
 As testament to the reliability and quality, this netting is the selected product of over 25&nbsp;prominent professional Bird Proofing Installers, resellers and organisations throughout Australia.&nbsp;
 Applications:
 Warehouse / Factory Bird ControlCommercial Bird Netting ApplicationBuilding rooftop stone access prevention for birdsDomestic Sheds and Verandah bird control nettingPermanent Installation for Orchard Bird ProtectionCat enclosure netting
 &nbsp;
 Specifications:
 Colour: Black
 Manufacture:&nbsp;500denier / 9ply High Density Polyethylene
 Edge Treatment: Black Polyester webbing along the two long edges
 Mesh Size: 19mm x 19mm
 Twine Thickness: 1.25m
 GSM:&nbsp;84 Grams Per Square Metre
 Overall Bundle Size: 11m x 1.8m &nbsp;&nbsp;(19.8 Sq Metres)
 Other Specifications:&nbsp;UV StabilisedSquare Mesh DesignKnotted / Twisted ConstructionEffective, Durable, Discreet, Immediate Bird ControlHDPE will not absorb water, therefore not changing the properties of the netting during inclement weather.
 &nbsp;The square mesh design also allows for the provision of Zipper installation into the netting. Many commercial and industrial bird proofing installations require Zipper access to Lighting and electrical equipment.
 &nbsp;Technical Information:
 Twine Breaking Strength: 21.6 KGFKnot Breaking Strength: 25.0 KGFNote: These do not relate to the overall weight capacity of the net, and are indicative of individual strands only.
 Bulk and Wholesale inquiries are welcomed on this range of product.
 This product is also available with an added Fire Retardant for specified construction applications. Fire retardant netting is not generally carried as a stock item in our Sydney warehouse, and will require advanced ordering. Minimum quantities will also apply.
 &nbsp;

&nbsp;
]]>
</g:description>
<g:condition>
<![CDATA[ New ]]>
</g:condition>
<g:mpn>
<![CDATA[ 9210 ]]>
</g:mpn>
<g:product_type>
<![CDATA[
"Netting and Nets > Bird Netting > 9Ply Heavy Duty Knotted Polyethylene"
]]>
</g:product_type>
<g:availability>in stock</g:availability>
<g:shipping_weight>2 kg</g:shipping_weight>
</item>
Thanks for having a look Nicolas

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] is nice !!!!!!

• Thank you received: 13068
7 years 2 months ago #261158

Hi,

In the settings Brand of your product I see that you didn't select any brand : www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...ample_2017-02-02.jpg
So of course the brand is not added to the XML.
And in both the GTIN setting of you Google Products plugin and your product, you didn't enter anything so it's also normal that the GTIN is not added.

7 years 2 months ago #261234

Hi Nicolas,

In the settings Brand of your product I see that you didn't select any brand

In your last post you asked "Please provide a screenshot of the settings of your google products plugin and a screenshot of the settings of a product for which the gtin and brand tags are not added."

Maybe we just got mixed up :)

I've attached another product that has both the brand and GTIN attributes filled in. Also here is the shopping feed code for the same product without some of the additional image links.

<item>
<g:id>153</g:id>
<title>
<![CDATA[ Cross Weave Netting 70GSM : 100m x 6.5m ]]>
</title>
<g:link>
<![CDATA[
http://www.haverford.com.au/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=153&name=cross-weave-netting-70gsm-100m-x-6-5m
]]>
</g:link>
<g:price>550 AUD</g:price>
<g:description>
<![CDATA[
&nbsp;
 Our Cross-Weave mesh features a series of "primary" mesh rows, with additional cross weave stitches throughout. It is a strong netting that can be used for:
 * Small Mesh Anti Bird Netting
 * Hail Protection netting
 &nbsp;
 The benefit of the cross-weave design is to allow the mesh size to be reduced, whilst keeping weight and overall shade creation to a minimum.
 This netting features a REINFORCED 40mm edging along the long sides of the net.
 &nbsp;
 Specifications:
 Colour: White
 Manufacture: Polyethylene
 Mesh Size: 10mm Primary Lines with Additional Cross Weaves
 (approx size 2-3mm)
 GSM (Grams per Sq Metre) : 70
 Other: 25% shade, UV treated &amp; 40mm reinforced edging
 Overall Bundle Size: 100m x 6.5m
 &nbsp;
 Applications:
 Hail NettingSmall Mesh Bird Netting
 &nbsp;

&nbsp;
]]>
</g:description>
<g:condition>
<![CDATA[ New ]]>
</g:condition>
<g:mpn>
<![CDATA[ 9855 ]]>
</g:mpn>
<g:image_link>
<g:product_type>
<![CDATA[
"Netting and Nets > Hail Protection Nets","Netting and Nets > Bird Netting > Crossweave Netting: White 70GSM"
]]>
</g:product_type>
<g:availability>in stock</g:availability>
<g:shipping_weight>22 kg</g:shipping_weight>
</item>
You also mentioned that the GTIN was not added in the Google Products plugin. How would it work being added through the plugin? A global GTIN would not work would it? Each product has a unique GTIN to distinguish itself from other products, no?

Thanks again for your help!

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] is nice !

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 2 months ago #261239

Hi,

Please provide more details about your brands.
The plugin is loading the available brands in your website, a brand must be published and directly under the "manufacturer" category.

About the GTIN, you have to put something in the field configuration if you want HikaShop to include the value and read it from the product.
If you can also provide details about your GTIN custom field ; it will help.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 2 months ago #261367

Hi,

What extra details are needed for brands?

I've already got the brand "manufacturer" category as the parent category for the 'Quatra' brand which is also published.

I think I figured out the GTIN issue. It was blank in the Google Products plugin and I've since added the custom field name into the GTIN field in the plugin.

However now when I download the feed from the plugin itself both the <brand> and <gtin> fields are included in the feed. When I go through the /google-feed.xml url for the feed both fields are NOT included in the feed.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 2 months ago #261373

Hi,

So you need to force the re-generation of your XML file which is not up-to-date.
That's done thanks to the cron task (and parameters in the plugin like Frequency and Last update)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds