General Integration Questions for New E-Commerce Site

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 8 months ago #273993

Hello,

Please forgive me if this question has answers somewhere, but between Google, and the Online Support for HikaShop I have been unable to find the answers I am looking for, and possibly because there is more to the answer then just being simple.

We are launching our first E-Commerce site and while I have a Web Designer building it, there are a couple items I need to understand while I don't have access to them.

The Site will be built using the Business Developer version, latest Production version (sorry I don't have rev numbers).

1. Does HikaShop integrate natively with any Invoice / Accounting / Inventory (I know HikaShop does handle Inventory Management, but can it also be integrated into an external solutions as I also do in person sales locally, and will still need to Invoice, Update Inventory, and handle the Accounts Receivables) such as Quicbooks, Zoho Invoice / Zoho Books, Bookkeeping by GoDaddy, Freshbooks, or WaveApps? Granted most are free solutions, however, I currently use Zoho Invoice, but was considering updating to Zoho Books for Accounting and Invoicing. Are there any recommended by HikaShop (pointing me to a link that covers this is fine as well).

A. Does HikaShop integrate natively with Shipping / Postage Vendor? I currently use Stamps.com, but also have Pitney Bowes Send Pro, as well as VIP Parcel - This one allows for custom API coding.

2. Can HikaShop work with both in house Inventory as well as interface with a Distributor for items not held in inventory but would be ordered and Drop Shipped. Basically, can HikeShop with with both methods together (Designer will work on the code) while still being able to report data back to questions 1's Accounting Solution?

3. What Merchant Accounts (payment gateways) are natively supported via plugin or by default? I currently have accounts with Stripe, WePay, Intuit Payment Page, and EMS (never used EMS thus far). Does this require a plugin or is there a way to use their API with minimal development?

4. If there is an FAQ that answers these questions that I could not find, I would be happy to go there. I do not want to have anyone repeat answers already documented, however, what I was able to find was all far more technical than the answers I am hoping for.

Again, I apologize in advance as I did all the research I could but all the information I found was about the actually code, and I am looking for more general answers.

Thank you - Soon to be very happy user!

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 8 months ago #274000

Hi,

1. The list of already integrated accounting solutions is available in the "integrations" section of our documentation, under the "external services" sub section. There, you'll find Quickbooks from your list.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.html
Now you can always have another integration developed for your needs by a developer. We provide a developer documentation which is a good start for developers and the integration with KashFlow is by default in HikaShop so it's a good reference since the code is open source.

A. HikaShop integrates with several shipping solutions. You can see a list in the "shipping plugins" section of our documentation page. Now I don't know of integrations for the ones you mention.

2. If you have a coder who can handle it, I see no reason HikaShop couldn't do it.

3. There are more than 150 payment plugins for HikaShop. All the main ones are supported either by default or by third party developers. You can see the list in the "payment plugins" section of our documentation page.

4. Well the main page of the documentation has links to all of that so I'm not sure why you couldn't find it, but as a new comer I understand it's often more complex to know where to search than actually searching.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dardwizzle

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 8 months ago #274022

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you so very much for taking that time to reply to my questions. It is greatly appreciated and I owe you one! As to your answer for my last question, yes, I am having some difficulty navigating through the documentation likely because I am not entering the proper terminology for the Search function to directly me properly. It seemed to always take me to code snippets which I do not have access to, as my Web Designer has all of this and as mentioned he has the Developer Version and understands far more than I of what can do,
As he already has his handles full with not just the initial release of my site, but many other customers as well. My intention is to learn all I can about the back end, and what I need to cobble together in order to have the proper solutions that my back office will need to fully integrate with HikaShop so that when the site is ready within a few weeks, I have already obtained the proper licenses so that he just needs to use the plugins, possibly add some light code, and I will be ready to go for the Official launch near my Birthday on the 27th.
I have been very lucky and have had a lot of great success and positive momentum, and I do not want to lose that by over looking key solutions that will halt everything if not implemented and done properly.
Again, I really appreciate the time you took to reply. It means a lot to me and I thank you!
Have a great Weekend while I have a lot of reading to do :)

Cheers!
John

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds