Display of product on social media > image won't show

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 weeks ago #288854

-- url of the page with the problem -- : kapergerlings.nl/aanbod/product/van-kiek...st-cursus-3-colleges
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5

Hi,

When I share my product(s) via social media, the main image won't come along. I check the forum and all plugins are on:
- Social meta tags (system and user)
- Hikashop Social Networks plugin (only no buttons are showing deliberately, I checked them all out)
But still no image.
Then I change the file name of the image to something short, that didn't work either.
When I use the card validator of Twitter, I get the message that the image meta tag is found, but no image visible though. And the image is missing for Facebook and LinkedIN as well. When I use a direct link to my blog items, the image will show. So, where is the missing link?

I hope one of you can help me out.

Best wishes,

job

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 weeks ago #288863

Hi,

As far as I can see the og meta tags added to the page are not added by HikaShop:
monosnap.com/file/E4HC2P5Tl0nVXDC18exSN69oGemIkf
I suppose that even if you disable the HikaShop Social networks plugin, you'll still have them.
And in HikaShop, that's the only thing which can add og meta tags to the page.
Which means that these meta tags, with the wrong image link are added by something else to the page and thus we don't know why the URL is wrong for the image in it.

6 years 3 weeks ago #288926

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply. I found the social meta tags that you saw. But still, when I unpublish these and publish the hikashop social plugin, the product image doesn't come along into the Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIN page. When I have a image in the description field, then it will show that one, but not the main product image.

My question is there still there: how can I make the main product image shown in social media networks?

Best wishes,

Job

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 weeks ago #288950

Hi,

If you unpublish these and publish the hikashop social networks plugin, do you have the og meta tags in the header of the page ?
If you don't, it means that you didn't activate the option of the plugin to add them.
So please check that.
And please check that when you unpublish the plugin which add the og tags on the header and don't publish the HikaShop social networks plugin, they are really removed from the header.

6 years 3 weeks ago #288955

Hi,

You're right. Disabled all plugins with social meta tags and only published hikashop plugin. The tags are shown in the header area and Facebook and Twitter take the right image in the layout.
Only issue now is, that the blog items of Joomla won't give an image. Well, something else to find a solution for. But this is more important for now then the blog items. Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Job

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds