App works with Android but not iOS

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 5 months ago #298971

-- url of the page with the problem -- : kuenzli-schuhe.ch/en/shop-en/kstyleshop-.../category_pathway-17
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.22

Hi
On the product detail page in the link above, you can see an additional part with the Name "FootFact" and next to it the links to their apps which can help in the process of buying a pair of shoes. The process with the app involved works correctly, including activating and completing the purchasing process.
With the App installed on an iOS device, it works up to the point where the client has to buy, then nothing. It's been tested thoroughly by the developers - to whom I'll send the link to this entry - the conclusion is that something in (presumably) the final "Go" button? I am unable to provide more detail myself, as I do not own any iOS devices.

I'd be very grateful if you could take a look and see whatever might be causing this hiccup. My role SuperAdmin of the site and I built the site (with your help, I may add). So thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Best regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 5 months ago #298981

Hi,

We don't have an iOS device on our end either. But I don't see why a problem with an iOS app would be related to something being wrong in HikaShop ?
I also tried to install and use the foodfact app on my own android smartphone but the app is crashing each time I try to measure my foot. So I couldn't even see what the app is supposed to do besides measuring my foot.
Maybe the developer of the app could come in and provide more technical information on what problem he is facing ?

5 years 5 months ago #298997

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for your feedback. I've passed on your comments to the client to pass on to the developers and made it clear that they need to speak "techie" with you, as I cannot add value to this.

I have installed a copy of the site at FoofFact Test Site and removed the plugin from the live site until this is sorted.

I sincerely hope that the next message comes from the FootFact people.

Best regards
David

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by iamalive.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 5 months ago #299347

Hi Nicolas

They think they have it working now, but I am very unhappy that script on the page has been inserted within two existing views: characteristics and tags
I would prefer it to have a view of it's own, as that avoids issues when updating the shop.
Can you tell me how to create and add a new view and insert it in the current position, i.e. below characteristics and before tags? And how to add the command for this within the xml installation file of the plugin.

Best regards
David

5 years 5 months ago #299350

Hi,

Sure. You can create a file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/show_block_xxx.php
and then add such code:

$this->setLayout('show_block_xxx');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
in your show_default view override before the code:
if(HIKASHOP_J30) {
		$this->setLayout('show_block_tags');
	}
That change in show_default shouldn't lead to much problems in the future. And worst case scenario, there is a problem with the view override because the code is too old, and you can just delete the view override and redo the change in show_default.

5 years 4 months ago #299921

Hi Nicholas

Apparently these developers are nnot aware of the positive effects of open source collaboration :-(
So I guess I'll have to do this myself.

The developer has split his script and placed it in two different views : show_block_characteristics and show_block_tags
I'v copied the two bits and placed the snippets into a new view called show_block_footfact (attached)
However, I don't have show_default with the bit of code you mentioned in it, perhaps because the client does not use tags at present.

I need to create that override, but I'm not sure where to place the call to that view. in the standard version. I'd appreciate help on this.

As an aside, apparently there was some small bug in the lates iOS which interferred with this plugin, but that's been solved since then.

Best regards and thanks, as always.
David

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #299923

Hi,

Unless you're using a really old version of HikaShop, or the code in your show_default comes from a really old version of HikaShop, or is heavily customized, you should have that code.
Because of this, since I don't know the code you have in your show_default, I not sure what to tell you since the location I would tell you would still be based on the show_default default code of HikaShop 4 and not based on your show_default.
But let's try a second time.
You could place the code after the code:

$this->setLayout('show_block_characteristic');
Since you said that you want the new view file displayed after the characteristics, I suppose that you should have that code in your show_default, since that's the code to display the block for the characteristics.

5 years 4 months ago #299935

Hi Nicholas

Can't get that to work. It breaks the page. I'm not sure if I should have added anything at the top and bottom of the view to complete it as a view of its own?

I've attached the default view as a text file, which is the latest Version, as far as I can tell, which does not contain the tags view, as I mentioned.. I've also attached the plugin.
I'd appreciate it if you could look at it and see why it doesn't work and why I don't have that "tags" being called in the default view.
If you can show me where to put it exactly - I am not a programmer, but I can do copy paste :-)

Best regards
David

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by iamalive.

5 years 4 months ago #299937

Hi,

I do see the tag code I have given previously in your show_default view file:
monosnap.com/file/pFGRB94X7SWQ1E9T3FZqgR5xsWgp0P
So I don't see why it would break the page.
Please provide a copy of the modified show_default so that we can see how you add the code, and turn on the error reporting and debug mode settings of the Joomla configuration and provide a screenshot of the error that you get on the page with that.
That way, we can say what is the problem.

5 years 4 months ago #300039

Hi again Nicolas

Attached is the show_default override. This definitely breaks the site. (added at Line 168)
I've left it so you can see what I mean here Example

File Attachment:

File Name: show_defau...1-04.txt
File Size:8 KB

I still suspect that the script itself in the show_block_footfact view is missing something (also attached) - there is an error message (0 syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting end of file) currently.

File Attachment:

File Name: show_block...1-04.txt
File Size:3 KB

In addition, presumably the plugin has to know there is a view somewhere it should use?
My ignorance of programming is terrifying....

Thanks for your patience and help - I do really appreciate both.

Best regards
David

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #300087

Hi,

The error is "0 syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting end of file" so it can't be in the file show_block_footfact you provided as there is not the character } in it.
I also don't see a problem with how you include it in the show_default view file.
So I can only think the problem is elsewhere.
Could you activate the "error reporting" and the "debug mode" settings of the Joomla configuration ?
That will display more information for that error message which will be crucial in understanding where the problem comes from.

5 years 4 months ago #300089

Hi Nicholas

I've turned on debug and error-reporting-development.
You can see al the info at the same https://footfact.kuenzli-schuhe.ch/en/shop-en/kstyleshop-en/kstyle-men/produkt/2158-santorin_1/category_pathway-17]ExampleURL

I half suspect that it might be somewhere in the plugin. I attach

File Attachment:

File Name: footfact_h...1-05.zip
File Size:334 KB
that just in case

Thanks a lot - much appreciated.
Best regards
David

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #300094

Hi,

I checked the plugin code twice already but I don't see any problem with it.
Also, the error message on your website says that the error is on line 170 of the show_default view file. That there is a } that shouldn't be there.
However, I don't see any } on that line.
So to me, this looks like the file you provided for show_default isn't the one in /templates/r_gtishop/html/com_hikashop/product/show_default.php where the error happens on your website.

5 years 4 months ago #300361

Hi Nicholas

Ok - I got the file via FTP so I know it's the right one, this time :-)
I did find an "}" on line 170 and removed it and that error message went away.
However :-( there are different messages know, the next on referring to

JROOT/templates/r_gtishop/html/com_hikashop/product/show_block_footfact.php:12

Where there isn't anything on line 12 - but maybe that doesn't mean line 12....

File Attachment:

File Name: show_block...1-10.txt
File Size:3 KB

I am really grateful for your help and time.

Best regards
David

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #300388

Hi,

Again, I don't see anything which could create an error on line 12 of the how_block_footfact.php file you're providing.
So I suppose that the file you're giving us isn't the one located at templates/r_gtishop/html/com_hikashop/product/show_block_footfact.php on your website.
Unfortunately, without the correct file, I can't help.
Also, when you give an error message, please provide the full error message, even if it looks similar to another one.

5 years 4 months ago #301067

Hi Nicholas
Tiresome, tiresome. The developers have no interest and the client insists on going live.
So I have done that, using the method that the developer choose, of using overrides of the two views.

OK - so be it!

I do want to thank you for your efforts and apologise for wasting your time, but that was out of my control.

Best regards
David

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds