Stock Report

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 1 week ago #99344

Is it possible to make a stock report? I don't see the options to do this in the reports area. Also, I don't get an email of out of stock products. The plugin is enabled. All other system emails work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 week ago #99391

There is no options for the stock report. We are developping a mass action feature which will allow you to have what you want on where you want.
By creating a plugin a report for the product stock will be possible.

If you don't receive the mail for the out of stock products, it's probably because your cron is not configured correctly.

11 years 1 week ago #99430

Okay, thanks about stock report.

Regarding cron:

Checked my cron and it appears to be configured correctly using the hikashop cron setup. I have several out of stock products with 0 quantity including 0 in some variants. I also have a waitlist test email, but I'm not getting the email. I've set the cron url to SEF url because we are using sh404. When I manually trigger the cron tasks, it appears to check and confirm but no email.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 1 week ago #99550

Hi,

Does your plugin "out of stock" is right published ? What is his configuration ?
Do you have the message "Products quantity checked" when calling manually the cron task ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 1 week ago #99571

The out of stock plugin is enabled and the period is 3600 and stock limit is 0.

Attached is the manual cron task confirmation.

Attachments:

11 years 1 week ago #99626

Hi,

The plugin work with "exclusive". I mean, it check products which have a quantity lesser than... 0

I have modified the plugin on our side to be "inclusive", it is more logical.
You have to edit the hikashop plugin "out_of_stock" and change this SQL query from

$query='SELECT * FROM '.hikashop_table('product').' WHERE product_quantity<'.(int)$this->stock_limit.' AND product_quantity!=-1';
To:
$query='SELECT * FROM '.hikashop_table('product').' WHERE product_quantity<='.(int)$this->stock_limit.' AND product_quantity!=-1';
And it would check products which have a stock of 0.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 1 week ago #99647

Yes, now it is working; however, the cron report is being sent automatically every hour, which I understand you can change to 15 mins, etc, but I only want the report once per week. I have the plugin set this way but it still sends every hour.

Cron job for waitlist:

The problem with waitlist is that if your main product qty is 0 and your variants for the main product have qty in stock, the email will not go out until you change the main product qty to more than 0. Why is that? Some of my products main qty will always be 0 because they have qty in variants. Am I wrong on this?

Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by BasketBox.

11 years 6 days ago #99844

Hi,

Each cron plugin have his own "frequency" option.
The cron plugin could be called every hour but each plugin would be independent. So the "low stock" notification could be triggered once a week if you set the right frequency value.

About waitlist notification, the plugin has been updated not so far (in a recent release, the 2.1.1 or the 2.1.2) and the SQL query has been improved.

(b.product_quantity > 0) OR (b.product_quantity = -1 AND b.product_type = '.$db->Quote('main').') OR (b.product_type = '.$db->Quote('variant').' AND b.product_quantity = -1 AND (c.product_quantity > 0 OR c.product_quantity = -1))

It reads values of the variant but if the variant stock is "unlimited" (-1), it reads the value of the main product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 6 days ago #99846

I have the low stock plugin set for weekly (604800) but I'm getting an email every hour. Not sure why?

For waitlist, I will get the update in the next release, I have 2.1.2 now. Also, I understand that variant qty will be updated in the future to tie with other products that use the same variant. So all that will work for me.

Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by BasketBox.

• Thank you received: 13069
11 years 5 days ago #100049

Good point. I checked the plugin's code and the period is not taken into account and thus it does the check at each cron beat.
I've uploaded a new package of HikaShop with a patch for that.
If you download again the latest version and install it on your website you will get that fixed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BasketBox

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds