Change shipping method under special conditions

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 6 months ago #124387

-- HikaShop Business: 2.2.1
-- Joomla version: 2.5
-- PHP version : 5.3.19

My question: I want to use mass actions in order to change the shipping method automatically from "secured package" (named "DHL") into letter-shipping (named "Großbrief") when the customer's order contains nothing but maximum 6 products from category xx (OR when the product name begins with "Origami-Grußkarte"). So the customer doesn't have to pay the expensive shipping (4,90 EUR) but the much cheaper one (1,45 EUR).
I have tried several settings with mass actions but it didn't work so far.

This is a screenshot of what I tried:

Can you help me with that, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 6 months ago #124452

Hi,

The mass action trigger you use could change the shipping method name but it won't change the shipping method id and it won't reprocess the order prices.
The best is to configure your shipping method using restrictions (cart price, country, etc).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 6 months ago #124481

Thank you so far Jerome.
I am now trying to change the shipping configuration.
But what do the following settings in the shipping configuration mean?
- Prefix
- Minimum post code
- Maximum post code
- Suffix

Another question:
Can I restrict a certain shipping method (or shipping id) to a certain category? This would be much simpler / more useful for me, as I would like to use a certain shipping method just for the products in one single category.
I hope you can help me.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 6 months ago #124509

Hi,

The 4 options are for the post code address. If it starts with the prefix, it if ends with the suffix, if it's between X and Y numbers.
There is no category restriction for the shipping but we have a "warehouse" one.

Put a restriction on a category is no in the right shipping way. Because if you have two products in two different categories, you won't be able to see the shipping methods. Each one will refuse it display because there are products which are not in the right associated category.
The warehouse system is more in the "HikaMarket" way. It will split the products depending their warehouse and it will propose to the customer several "groups" of products like HikaMarket can propose shipping per vendor.

The warehouse interface is not finished in HikaShop, but the shipping part is working. If you change the values directly in the database (or via the mass-action) I think you can have something working... If it is really what you want to do.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds