mass action produces Fatal error

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #163429

Hi!

I recently posed a question in a different thread ( www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/869098-e...fee-at-checkout.html ) about mass actions. I followed the instructions, performing mass actions 1000 at a time and they worked. Once I reached the 4000 level, I hit a wall. I received this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ampdauto/public_html/plugins/hikashop/massaction_product/massaction_product.php on line 834

I contacted my host and they said they couldn't up my max execution limit so I should try smaller amounts. Now I'm doing it 100 at a time, but I still occasionally get the error.

What can I do? I have 46,000 products and I can't do this in smaller increments.

-- url of the page with the problem -- : 192.185.94.193/~ampdauto/
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 9 months ago #163478

Hello,
As Xavier said :

this setting depend on your server. The more there is things to process at a time more the server can be surcharged.

The only solutions will be doing it with 100 at a time, or directly edit your database through your phpmyadmin interface/doing it through a CSV file.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #165298

Thanks for the solution Mohamed.

I have gone the CSV route. It took maybe 3 hours to reload the products versus the eternity that it would take to enter the products 100 at a time. Also, there was an alternate method that my hosting company offered. It was to upgrade to a special VPS server package but I said no thank you.

This CSV solution worked well, so thank you.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds