Moving language

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 5 months ago #255283

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28

Hi,

Years ago I created a shop, language NL (Dutch). Because the descriptions were not available in Dutch yet, I used the English descriptions and wanted to translate them later. Now I have time for that. But I don't want to loose the English descriptions. So I created English as language and now I want to copy the Dutch descriptions (which are in English) to to the English descriptions. When I have done that I can make the Dutch descriptions really Dutch. Is there a way (mass actions) to copy description-NL to description-EN ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 5 months ago #255284

Hi,

I suppose that you're using Falang or JoomFish to translate your content.
In that case, the main description of the product is used for all the languages of your website by default.
And when you write a translation of that description for a language, that translation will be used instead of the main one for that language.
So if you have the main description of your products in English, you would just have to edit the translation of the products in Falang for the Dutch language and replace the main content by the translated one and save.
So I don't see the need of copying the description from one language to another in that case.
But maybe there are other details to your situation that I don't know which would make that necessary ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds