Mass action triggering 2 emails instead of 1

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 month ago #265239

-- HikaShop version -- : myartspace.com.sg/under-construction
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6

Hi,

I have set up 2 mass actions. Each to send an email upon purchase of a product. E.g Product A send email A, Product B send email B. However customers are receiving both emails even though they only bought one product.

My settings are correct as I know. (see attached). The emails are only triggered whenever they bought whichever one product.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 1 month ago #265253

Hi,

You should remove the category selection and put back "any category" so that filter only target that one product.

Besides that I tried reproducing the problem on my end and it worked fine.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 month ago #265373

Hi,

I have set the filter to "any category", but the problem still definitely persists (see attached screenshot). How did you get it to work?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 1 month ago #265435

Hi,

I suppose that the problem is with your tests.
You must use the same user account for your tests.
What these mass actions mean is:
"When one of the orders of a customer is confirmed, add his email to the queue if he bought the product XXX between then dates AAA and BBB".
So basically, if the customer already purchased the other product, the mass actions will both match and he will get both emails.

Instead of having the mass action add the email to the queue, you should add the customer to a list, and configure a campaign on that list with an email to be sent immediately.
That way, the customer will only receive the email the first time he purchase a product and never after that.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds