Updating Category Access Via Mass Action Removes Access For All

  • Posts: 48
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #275085

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)

Hello, my problem is as such:

I import products and their categories via csv, which works fine.

The only thing I need that I can't do in the csv is to set the Access level of the category. The category access level is set to "All" when it imports. So to this end I decided to use mass actions after import. I've attached a screenshot of my settings.

Essentially I filter by the category name, and in the actions I choose "Update the values", then choose "category access", and I set the type dropdown to "STRING". I've also used "INT" and it worked as well.

In the input field I put my Joomla Group ID.

When I click Process the mass action does work in the sense that if I edit one of my categories I will indeed see that the Access level is changed correctly.

The problem comes when I login via the front end with the correct user for that group (I have both User Groups and Access Levels set correctly in Joomla). When the user logs in they will see nothing. By that I mean no products. The menus and other site trappings are there, but the products will not show.

The only way to fix this is to manually edit each category and re-save it. Then everything works as normal, but then you can see that the purpose of the mass action is defeated.

What could be causing this? Is there anything in my setup that should be changed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 48
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #275086

for some reason my file uploads kept failing. Here is a link to my mass-action screenshot.

http://imgur.com/a/FAZOU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 63528
  • Thank you received: 9152
  • MODERATOR
1 year 2 months ago #275102

Hi,

You need to have a comma before and after the number. So it should be ,69, and not just 69.
The import also uses the same format with a comma before and after for the product_access column.
That is done on purpose for efficiency of the MySQL queries when loading the categories, products etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 48
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #275226

Yes, it worked. I did it that way and the problem is now gone. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum