Payments not shown in checkout

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #3791

I have a Joomla 1.5 installation. I just installed HikaShop 1.4.0 starter to give it a run through. For testing purposes I configured and enabled the Check and Credit Card payment methods. In the checkout page the Payments fieldset is empty. I've edited the payments, enabled them, and set the zones. Any ideas?

NOTE: This may only be occuring when choosing to log in rather than register. In my first runs through it was simpler to just log in so I never saw that there was a payments section below the fold. This time around I chose Check and then used the login. I still didn't see payments on the next page. I had to create a new billing address and then the payments showed up.

It may be that the store had the wrong default zone from initial setup - whatever the default is. I changed it to USA but the address already on that user was outside the USA. It seems that may have been the problem.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by swe9.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #3793

The quantity field has some weird behaviors. I completed an order and then made a new order for the same product and it added the new quantity to the old quantity! Changing any fields on the page and then changing the quantity before clicking the Next button clears all the other fields. It *does* have the nice side-effect of causing the Payments fieldset to populate though.

This is pretty serious. Customers won't trust a shopping cart that gets something like quantity wrong. Clearing fields they've entered will lead to abandoned carts.

Install and configure was pretty simple. It would be cool if these problems were addressed so I could use this.

13 years 3 months ago #3800

Hi,

if I understand correctly, the quantity fields is using AJAX to not reload the whole page, so it clears the other fields. You can display the cart alone in checkout and other fields in another page using the workflow value in the settings.

As for the cart, in my case it gets cleared after completing an order, maybe try to clear your cookies?

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 3 months ago #3801

Indeed, if you set a zone restriction for a plugin and that your default zone is outside that zone, the plugins won't be displayed by default. Then, when the user selects his address, the plugins zone restriction will be checked with his address instead of the default zone. It's the normal behavior.

When the user changes the quantity, the page is automatically refreshed to display the cart again with the new price. Instead of having to click on another button, it seems easier for the user which will have one less click to make. You can always remove that behavior if you don't like it. You can edit the file cart of the view checkout via the menu Display->Views. There you will have the code

onchange="this.form.submit(); return false;"
which handles the quantity update. You can just remove it.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds