Order confirmation email not in Dutch

• Thank you received: 75
9 years 8 months ago #168314

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28

Hi,

I'm using HikaShop Starter with the most recent Dutch language pack. When someone places an order they receive 2 emails by default, first for the order creation and after payment they receive an order confirmation email. The strange thing is, the first email is in Dutch, but the second one is in English. I haven't changed anything to any of the files, so I am wondering why the order confirmation email is not in Dutch? Is there any way to change this in HikaShop Starter?

Thanks in advance,

GW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 8 months ago #168330

Hi,

The email language is based on the customer, if the customer purchased in Dutch so he should receive mails in dutch.
It can depend to on the customer address. Are you sure that the order were made for a Dutch address and in Dutch ?

9 years 8 months ago #168429

Thank you for your answer.
Yes, I am certain the orders were in Dutch and for Dutch customers.
I'm most surprised why the order creation emails are in Dutch, it's only the order confirmation emails after that which are in English. I'm just guessing here, but could it have anything to do with the payment system, or could it be some error in the language pack?

Thanks again,

GW

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 7 months ago #169378

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, it looks like your thread was validated in our ticket system by accident.

When HikaShop send the order emails, it uses the front-end language.
When an order is confirmed from the backend, HikaShop try to load the current language file or the customer to send the email in the right language.

But when the payment plugin confirm the order, if the language is not specified in the notification url ; the default language will be use. Because the payment notification is made in the front-end, the front-end language will be use ; the context is not the same than in the backend.
So you should check your payment plugin (I don't know if the problem is with iDeal, paypal or both), specially for the notification url and the "lang" parameter.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 7 months ago #169650

Thanks for your answer, you were right, it was an issue with the redirection from the payment plugin.
I asked the developers of the iDeal payment system we use by Chill Creations, and they fixed it.

Kind regards,

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds