Checkout Message

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #206708

-- url of the page with the problem -- : morenadancewear.com.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1

Hi,
I have enabled a popup message to be displayed for user to either continue shopping or proceed to checkout, all is working well however I would like to change the look of this message. It is currently displaying some scroll bars, which I don't want. Also, I would like to know how to change the dimensions of this popup message.
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 9 months ago #206771

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #206774

I was aware of this function but it seems that regardless of the height entered the vertical scroll is still showing up. Any alternative solution?

8 years 9 months ago #206777

kchahine wrote: the vertical scroll is still showing up

Just been on your site. The popup isn't there for long enough to study it better, but I'm sure there were no scroll bars.
If there are for you, please post all about your relevant settings and modifications (best screenshots), and make sure the popup stays reeeeeeaally looooong, so one can see a thing.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #206778

HI,
The time is set to 5000ms, I can see it on my PC for long enough and with a scroll bar! I am not really sure why you are having a different experience!

8 years 9 months ago #206782

I just tested again - in two different browsers, Firefox and Safari. No scroll bars.

The popup stays on my screen for about 2 seconds***. Whatever, even 5 seconds are not enough to see and analyse all HTML - so much should be clear, or? 2-3 minutes are minimum, I'd say.

But what for, you don't have a problem, there are no scroll bars. Sure you have no caches showing you "old stuff"? Clear them.

*** That's maybe what's left over when considering what happens after clicking "add to cart": appr. 10 secs "connecting...", another 6+ secs transferring before page refresh is starting, another 4 secs before the content in the mainbody starts appearing, then 2 more secs before the popup is there - for the blink of an eye. Could be server, could be connection, but so it is. Probably nothing to worry about if your customers are all in Oz. ;)

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #206786

Hi again,
I changed the time to 1.5 minutes, cleared the cache for the template I am using and the cache for Joomla. I can still see the scroll bars :) :unsure:

8 years 9 months ago #206792

Still takes ages to get there, but ok, now it's staying long enough...

At 550x220px it's definitely large enough, no reason to show scrollbars. And promptly I still don't see any.

Browser cache cleared, too? You don't mention it. If not, why not? What browser are you using, anyway? Tried a different one? Ask someone else?
In any case, no one can help you with a problem he doesn't see. And again, you don't have a problem! :)

Don't worry, be happy. Over and out.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #207171

Hi again,
I tried many other PCs and the vertical bar still showing! Unless something totally different on our PCs down-under then it is a great puzzle :)

8 years 9 months ago #207177

Hmm, just ordered another pair of shoes... this time for Salsa & Latin. Looking forward to some interesting nights...... B)

It still looks all good here, but then I'm north of the equator, even if only 180km. The only thing I can think of for you trying is, depending on how far the scroll goes, to bring the (alert) message and buttons a tad closer to each other by reducing or removing the margin-bottom of the message, or by removing the <br /> by editing the override of the view "checkout | notice", so there is really no reason for scrolling in any part of the world.

Ok, please excuse me, I gotta go shopping for matching pantyhoses now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kchahine

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #207253

Enjoy the dancing :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 9 months ago #207180

Hi,

As Loustfool, I don't see any scroll bars on the popup.
Please give us detailed informations about your environment, os used, browser used...

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #207283

So far, I tried on PCs running Windows 8.1 Pro using IE and Chrome and also on Windows 7 Pro but same results from various PCs!

• Thank you received: 13062
8 years 9 months ago #207339

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue.
It comes from your template CSS.
It has that CSS:
html {
margin-bottom: 1px;
height: 100%;
}

If you change it to:
html {
margin-bottom: 1px;
height: 99%;
}
it then displays properly.
The CSS being compiled by your template, I can't say how to change that CSS or if it's the best solution. I would recommend that you contact your template provider.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kchahine

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds